logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohnDelta  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 8:17:51 AM(UTC)
JohnDelta

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi everybody,
Sorry for the strange question I'm pretty new in this forum.

Got a problem to which I could need your help to solve it.

I have two Vmix Computers in a Network that are connected via ethernet.
Vmix1 is the computer I have my main mix on and Vmix2 is the computer with the secondary mix in a different building...

When Vmix1 External output is being activated then I send the PGM to Vmix2 via NDI into the Input6.

Now my problem that I have.

I'ld like to automate the Vmix2 Computer that far, that each time i send something from Vmix1 Computer to Vmix2 Computer it automatically gets put into the PGM of Vmix2.
So basically in Vmix2 as soon an active image appears in Input6 it gets put to PGM and when the connection is disabled it returns to the PGM from before.

Does that make sense? :/

Thank you for your help. I'm open for any questions :)
mikenor  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 12:37:53 PM(UTC)
mikenor

Canada

External is not for NDI. External is for outputting to other programs like a webcam-based app or to dedicated hardware. If you want to send NDI then you do that in the Outputs section of vMix Settings, not with External.

IMO the NDI inputs in vMix can sometimes be a bit finicky getting connected... I wouldn't recommend arbitrarily stopping and starting the NDI feed if you can help it. On Vmix2, I'd worry that Input6 might start to get unhappy from repeated NDI interruptions. For reliability, I would try to just leave the NDI feed running continuously.

Just leave the NDI feed running all the time and then when needed, browse to the web interface of Vmix2 and bring up Input6?
JohnDelta  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 10:45:34 PM(UTC)
JohnDelta

Germany

Hi Mikenor, thank you for you quick reply. :)

That's right that External is not for outputting NDI, however I configuered it that way, that whenever the External Output is beeing activated it also activates the NDI. That currently works just fine.

What I now need is a Trigger/script whatever, that puts a specific Input source (Input6) on the Vmix2 Computer intro PGM as soon it realizes a change in image (that the Input is active).

Does that make sense? :/

The Idea with the web Interface is indeed a good one, but if somehow possible, i would like to automate it.

I mean, there is a basic trigger function that it puts an Input into PGM as soon it reaches a specific dB level.
Isn't there a script, that can change that, that it puts it into PGM as soon there is an acitve Image??

best regards,
John
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 1:42:42 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
It is possible to send vMix commands with WebRequest. See Scripting for Dummies post (as always :) for at least one example.
mikenor  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 11:19:18 AM(UTC)
mikenor

Canada

Could you describe your desired workflow entirely? I.e.... Who/what is activating External? When/why do they activate it? How are they activating it? Who/what is deactivating External? When/why do they deactivate it? How are they deactivating it?

It sounds to me like the step in your workflow that activates External needs an addition: remotely switch Vmix2 to Input6. But without knowing your workflow, it is difficult to suggest how to make that addition.
melody  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2021 5:01:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi,

create a chrome marker on desktop where you want to send the instruction, with something like this:

http://othermachineip:8088/api/?Function=Fade&Duration=1000

find more information about vmix api on link below:

https://www.vmix.com/hel...ex.htm?DeveloperAPI.html

cheers,
melody