logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevinmclane  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 3:22:17 AM(UTC)
kevinmclane

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

I would like to have access to an activator for streamdeck based on what input is in what layer of an input multiview.

Thanks,

Kevin
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 3:49:36 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kevinmclane Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I would like to have access to an activator for streamdeck based on what input is in what layer of an input multiview.

Thanks,

Kevin

if i understand correctly : for one specific input in one specific layer of a MV ?
kevinmclane  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 4:42:46 AM(UTC)
kevinmclane

United States

Hi Doggy,

Yes that is correct. I have taken advantage of the shortcut ability to assign an input to a multiview layer with my streamdeck. I would like to the "activate" the streamdeck buttons in return.

For example I use the shortcuts to punch virtual set layers.

Thank you,

Kevin
mark2020  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 3:57:12 PM(UTC)
mark2020

Originally Posted by: kevinmclane Go to Quoted Post
Hi Doggy,

Yes that is correct. I have taken advantage of the shortcut ability to assign an input to a multiview layer with my streamdeck. I would like to the "activate" the streamdeck buttons in return.

For example I use the shortcuts to punch virtual set layers.

Thank you,

Kevin

I use the Stream Deck to do that very thing, but landed on using Companion rather than the native software.

That said, it sounds like a lot of permutations (inputs x sets x layers) to interpret via the SD. Visual feedback from the overall multiview (showing a selection of virtual sets and multiview inputs) may be a quicker, less mind-boggling route.

Tip: if you have 10 sets/multiviews, you can set up to cycle through and show the next one(s) in queue in the multiview.
kevinmclane  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 4:47:17 AM(UTC)
kevinmclane

United States

Thanks Mark,

Yes you are correct it was hundreds of buttons and shortcuts. All we do now is remote production and I have made remote guest templates from blank, with multiple different layout versions of 2 box up to 6 box input multiviews. We work off a profile of 16 main inputs so I made a streamdeck folder of 16 shortcuts, per layer/"box", nested in folders per input multiview template. That way we can dial in the next multi-box template on the fly as we progress through the show. It is easier for us to work this way since we also tie lower thirds titles, aux bus switching, etc off of input triggers. Also its a big enough profile we can standardize the way we work which helps with training. I just was interested in having activators to pair with the shortcut functionality. I do visually check the template before adjusting or going live of course, just a feature request.

Thank you for the Companion shout out I looked at that and may redo my work in that environment, it looks more stable to adjustments. The thing I can't stand about stream decks are the button identifiers for the vmix pluggin. As I'm sure you know if you move a button you have to redo the shortcut/activator since the physical button has the id not the shortcut instance you drag to the deck. Brutal. I've reached out to both Elgato and Vmix support about this and they both said no way for them to adjust that functionality.

Kevin