logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
evaneaston  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:20:11 AM(UTC)
evaneaston

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm trying to set up vmix for streaming dive meets with multiple teams. I've got most everything worked with binding data from spreadsheets to title fields and images. But I currently have to have a different title set up for each team because I'm styling the title with each teams colors.

The pace at dive meets is fast enough that it's hard (for me as a newbie) just to ensure right diver info, dive detail, and scores are shown. But then to have to pick the right title to overlay adds one more detail to screw up.

I know I could script something that will show the title based on the text field value for the divers school. But that means committing to a license that supports scripting or driving it from a separate tool using the web api.

What would be really nice is simply plug in team colors during meet setup and having a single title with parameterized colors that can change as the data source changes. I'm not yet familiar enough with xaml and Blend to know if this is something that could be done in vmix with a custom xaml title?? Or if that is a dead end route and scripting is the way to go.

Examples of the titles (round, logo, diver name, dive info is all data source driven):
Team1Title.png (223kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Team2Title.png (225kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
gre2gor  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 2:18:09 PM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Like logo and similar elements that you can call you could make background color the same. You have to make images for background color and then you can call this just like logo. Where do you get your data from? Can you insert background color info to data source?

A sample of incoming data would be helpful and also what is the source. Google sheets?
doggy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 3:19:12 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
There are multiply routes to do this like with a search in the forum

https://forums.vmix.com/...XAML-colours-within-vMix
evaneaston  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:45:00 PM(UTC)
evaneaston

United States

Thank you! That's exactly the solution I was looking for...and having trouble finding with my own searches using the wrong terms.