logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lbrentevans  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 5:28:24 AM(UTC)
lbrentevans

Groups: Registered
United States

Datavideo released firmware PTC-140_CAMERA 2.6.7_MCU 2.5.8_AF 4.0.9 for the PTC-140 recently and upon testing, I can confirm that PTZ control for this camera now works properly on the Sony Visca over IP profile with Vmix 23.0.0.66. Previous firmware did not report the zoom position properly when setting a preset. This is now corrected, and vMix can control all aspects of this camera, including creating and recalling presets via virtual inputs. All speeds, zoom, and focus are working.

I can also confirm that cameras from Alfatron work with the PTZ Optics control profile. (I had it working a couple of weeks ago at a demo, might have been the Sony profile).

The PTC-140 and the Alfatron have nearly identical firmware, and are likely made by the same OEM. Both have something in the neighborhood of 4 frames of processing latency at 1080p60, control relatively smoothly, and are available in SDI and NDI versions. Datavideo also offers a version with HDBaseT. Alfatron offers 12x, 20x, and 30x zoom versions in SDI and NDI, and their SDI versions have USB3 ports as well.

Good news on the PTZ front, for sure.