logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lucae  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 3:57:02 AM(UTC)
lucae

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Hi guys, i have a problem and I hope you can help me.

I have a project of vmix with a lot of inputs. I would like to create one or two lists in which to insert the existing inputs, without re-inserting them again
Is it possible to do this? thanks to everyone who will help me. :)

SeanEmer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 5:39:15 AM(UTC)
SeanEmer

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Use the PlayList function on the bottom, to the right of MultiCorder.
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 7:10:39 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Just create a new list, and add all of those files to that list....Once the list is made, you can easily scroll through and set the order you want them to appear, or select as needed.....I do it all the time with no issues, then you can close all those inputs.....I think that is why Martin and his team created the list option....
lucae  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:35:24 AM(UTC)
lucae

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: SeanEmer Go to Quoted Post

Unfortunately I have not explained myself well.
I need to be able to "close" the inputx in the Vmix project (to lighten the workload on the GPU memory).
If I add the videos in the playlist, but then in the inputs I click on "close" they also disappear from the playlist.

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
Just create a new list, and add all of those files to that list....Once the list is made, you can easily scroll through and set the order you want them to appear, or select as needed.....I do it all the time with no issues, then you can close all those inputs.....I think that is why Martin and his team created the list option....

Yes, that's clear (I also saw this video from the official Vmix channel).
The problem is that I need to add some videos to an input list that have already been loaded into the vmix project.
In the video instead it shows how to load videos from a folder on the hard disk

Youtube Vmix list
lucae  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:36:39 AM(UTC)
lucae

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post

Yes, that's clear (I also saw this video from the official Vmix channel).
The problem is that I need to add some videos to an input list that have already been loaded into the vmix project.
In the video instead it shows how to load videos from a folder on the hard disk

VMix list video
lucae  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:39:51 AM(UTC)
lucae

Man
Italy

Maybe I did not say it clear enough. :(

I need to be able to "close" the various inputs in order to lighten the workflow in the GPU memory.
If I use the Playlist function I can't do it. If I click "close" in the tab of the selected input, it also disappears from the playlist.
SeanEmer  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 10:19:16 AM(UTC)
SeanEmer

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You cannot have a list that is simultaneously tied to and not tied to video files that are separate inputs in your project. I don't understand what you're trying to do specifically, but from your sparse explanation I'm getting this impression:

You have a project that has several video files loaded in as Video Inputs. You would like to have a List Input look at these Video Inputs to simplify your workflow in terms of queueing up the next video. However, you cannot use the PlayList function because when you close the Video Input, it'll delete it from the PlayList as well. At the same time, you need to be able to close your Video Inputs during the show in order to improve system performance.

The clear question here is: Why not just get rid of all the Video Inputs and replace them with the List Input with the appropriate video selected from the hard drive?
lucae  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 5:04:03 AM(UTC)
lucae

Man
Italy

You cannot have a list that is simultaneously tied to and not tied to video files that are separate inputs in your project. I don't understand what you're trying to do specifically, but from your sparse explanation I'm getting this impression:

You have a project that has several video files loaded in as Video Inputs. You would like to have a List Input look at these Video Inputs to simplify your workflow in terms of queueing up the next video. However, you cannot use the PlayList function because when you close the Video Input, it'll delete it from the PlayList as well. At the same time, you need to be able to close your Video Inputs during the show in order to improve system performance.

The clear question here is: Why not just get rid of all the Video Inputs and replace them with the List Input with the appropriate video selected from the hard drive?

Thanks for the reply SeanEmer!

Yes, I have a project with a lot of inputs, I would like to use lists to not have too many single inputs (and Don’t put too much work into the video card.)
Simply, my boss doesn't want us to modify the vmix project :/ So I have to find a way to insert the various inputs already present in the project into a list.