logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 6:05:38 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi martin,

would it be possible to provide something like an input scanner that will report back the settings of the incomming signal.

per example: i am testing a simple vga to hdmi converter. it will input any vga signal and translate that to a hdmi signal of the monitor attached. but i don't know what signal is actually coming out of this thing. now i use the avermedia live gamer that has both vga and hdmi input. in the software i can use dummy mode and it will report back the settings of the incomming signal ( in this case 1080 p30)

i then connect to the bm mini ricorder with this setting but nothing...

would be nice to know what signal actually is coming in so i can set input accordingly.

also when recording at different venues and with third party input, it's always convienent to be able to scan the incomming signal and not to have to try different settings to find the right combi...

greetings,
stefan
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 7:25:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Unfortunately, most capture cards do not provide signal detection capabilities.
The most popular of these being the blackmagic cards have no reporting capability, hence why trial and error is sometimes the only way
to work out what signal is connected.

Cards that do signal detection and are supported by vMix are the Matrox VS4 and the AJA Kona 3G, but both of these are SDI input cards.

h2video.nl  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 7:54:48 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
so than i am on the right track with the avermedia card. unfortunately it does not always work both ways, since the settings the avermedia reports, and the signal that is captured in vmix using the avermedia card, does not always work with a card like bm intensity or mini.

the mini by the way does not proved wdm capture...

the issue i have with the avermedia is that the driver is causing problems in my small system... i don't know what it is and we have been looking into it already. this means i have to restart vmix after 2or 3hours to prevent this. and i would like to add one more capture input ( total 3) so i want to use a different card (dual hdmi low profile).
greetings, stefan