logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomthinks  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 12:14:04 PM(UTC)
tomthinks

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Howdy. I've had a lot of confusion with some unpredictable behavior when I try to add a monitor display as an input. I kinda got it to work, but I'm trying to understand why this happens. See the image below for reference. It shows two "duplicate" inputs where I tried to add the display as an input and it displays my other monitor sideways and cropped, but when I go to add the same monitor again, it adds correctly.

I have a 2 monitor setup, and one of the monitors is in portrait mode (vertical), and this seems to be the culprit. I wonder if VMIX makes some assumptions about all displays based off of primary? Because to my system, my vertical monitor is monitor 1, and the display I'm trying to add is monitor 2. Is this a bug?

duplicate display inputs

And sadly, even after getting it right, once I restart vmix, it reverts to the cropped/sideways, but I can right click on input and select Display 1 and it fixes it, so there's some weird mismatch between my system's ideas of what monitor 1 and 2 are and VMIX's labeling. They're reversed.
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 12:25:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
This is due to limitations of how things work behind the scenes.
Windows only supports a small number of GPU accelerated desktop captures, any more than that limit and vMix has to revert
to other means to capture the display. Windows may have the displays in different orders depending on what method used.
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
tomthinks on 1/22/2021(UTC), eduardocfs on 1/23/2021(UTC)