logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lmartin  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 11:44:08 AM(UTC)
lmartin

Groups: Registered
United States

I am admitting to struggling with this process. I've reviewed countless posting and YouTubes on setting up NDI camera in vMix. I'm not getting it.
Here's what I'm working with. vMix 23.0.0.66. Using a PTZOptics 20x camera setup using NDI. I can ping it. See it in the PTZ software. It is on the same network. Nothing that I can see is blocking it. When I open vMix and add an input. I select the NDI option on the left nav panel. The camera is never found. The circle continue to spin and nothing every shows up. The NDI capture desktop screen are showing, but no camera. What is wrong? I've tried to add the camera using the camera tab, but nothing works.
Bob4817  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 2:08:24 PM(UTC)
Bob4817

United States

Same problem. Newbie using Vmix. Been working on the last 4 hours. Have a laptop connected by NDI working okay. PTZOptics 30X works HDMI put can't find using NDI.
zenvideo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 8:31:05 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I'd suggest you test the NDI source by trying to view it in something else like NewTek's NDI Studio Monitor. If you can't view it there either then it's something at the camera end and not with vMix.
tim.a.burton@icloud.com  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 8:23:39 AM(UTC)
tim.a.burton@icloud.com

Canada

I am having the same issue. I have recently started helping at my church with the live streaming our services. We have a computer for streaming but I am using my computer to help put together the streaming packages every week.

Everything works fine on our existing computer, however I could not connect our NDI PTZ Optics 20x camera to vMix running on my computer. I was able to connect to the camera on my computer via NDI Studio Monitor. In vMix I just get the spinning wheel.

The NDI camera is running POE.

My computer is still running the 60 day trial version (V23.0.0.66)
The main computer at our church is running the HD Version (V23.0.0.67)
lmartin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 1:53:40 PM(UTC)
lmartin

United States

Originally Posted by: zenvideo Go to Quoted Post
I'd suggest you test the NDI source by trying to view it in something else like NewTek's NDI Studio Monitor. If you can't view it there either then it's something at the camera end and not with vMix.

Thank you for your response. I can see it in the PTZ Control app with no problems. That has to use a NDI setup. It can find the IP Address and connect. Is that a good test?

mavik  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 1:26:45 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
NDI Studio Monitor is from the inventor of NDI, Newtek. If the cam is good in there you should see it in vmix as well. If you have setup NDI zones you may need to check on there as well.
lmartin  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 4:55:41 AM(UTC)
lmartin

United States

Thank you Mavik. You were helpful in helping me to look in the right direction. This was a difficult situation to troubleshoot as there are three different vendor's products involved. I call the PTZOptics support people. They were simply wonderful, very professional and helpful. We had to manually add the camera to the NDI tools. Once manually added I was able to see the camera's feed in NDI Studio Manager and also vMix now showed the camera in the NDI selection when adding a new input. It's a wonderful thing.

For those who might need the steps here ya go. Using the NDI tool Access Manager open the Remote Sources tab. Add a new device. Select the camera type, provide the IP address. Set a name to anything you like. Select OK. Than OK to exit. Yes that simple. Takes less than one minute.They also reviewed some of the settings but all the default settings were used. So if you've changed those you might benefit by resetting all the values to default.