logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mingus  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 6:50:57 AM(UTC)
mingus

Groups: Registered
United States

Running the most updated version of vMix Trial to date: 23.0.0.67 x64 (still considering buying)

Looking for some advice as to potential failure points for vMix External Outputs while using Zoom and Skype. It seems to only be glitching on my machine so I'm not exactly sure what's happening. I've been running tests on the various ways one can output to Zoom from vMix and have yet to pinpoint why there's this weird visual artifacting. I can send an NDI out from vMix to other machines on the network and it doesn't seem to be happening from their machines. Below is a test we ran with three different machines. I've tried to label them as best I can.

digital artifacting.JPG (595kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

There are three machines running two instances of Zoom simultaneously. Top Two rows are Windows machines. Bottom row is a Mac.

1. Top Right is my vMix machine sending External out to Zoom. Top Left is OBS sending a virtual camera directly to Zoom as well.
  2. Middle Right is vMix NDI to NDI Webcam Input (Windows) to Zoom. Middle Left is NDI Webcam Input to OBS to OBS Virtual Camera.
  3. Bottom right is vMix NDI to NDI Webcam Input (Mac) to Zoom, Bottom Left is vMix NDI to NDI Webcam Input (Mac) to Wirecast Virtual Camera to Zoom

Here are my PC Specs in case you need them:

• Intel Core i7-4790k CPU @4.00Ghz
  • 32gb DDR3 Ram
  • Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
  • Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate
  • Running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
  • Zoom Version 5.4.9 (59931.0110) (needs to be updated but I don't think zoom is the issue)

After running this test for about two hours now, I can say that the only input giving us digital artifacting is the top row on my Windows Machine. I know from experience that this has happened on some skype calls of ours as well. Is there a program that could be interfering with vMix and OBS external output? Could it be something with my version of Windows/Zoom? Would love some help as to how I might be able to fix this.

Thank you all!