logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daz_wasz  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 4:06:11 PM(UTC)
daz_wasz

Groups: Registered

Hello Everyone

I was hoping one of you kind technically clever people may be able to assist me .
I recently downloaded VMIX as it has the requirements that i need for a very paticular use.
I needed something that will allow me to switch between desktop share and the webcam and will allow me to do this with a keyboard shortcut.
However the main thing i need is to see the output of VMIX when i use a particular web based program that uses flash and i am not sure how i am supposed to configure VMIX to see the output.
I see 2 VMIX options when i go to select what input, i also see my webcam.
I have attached a screenshot of the 2 options that are VMIX related
Option 1 vMixVideo http://prntscr.com/4ak9kf
Option 2 vMix Video External http://prntscr.com/4ak9ss
I have tried both but all i get is a black screen.
I have looked through the forum and tried to play around with the settings in VMIX but have had no luck and i was hoping that someone here may be able to help me with this ?
I would be very very thankful.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 4:11:58 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
you must start External (click button at bottom part of Vmix's main window), before you start the Flash web app.
ask  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 4:12:49 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
You need to START the external feed. So press the button at the bottom of the screen next to EXTERNAL
daz_wasz  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 4:20:50 PM(UTC)
daz_wasz

Yep i started the external and stil the same issue. I see alot of options though, should i have selected a particular frame rate etc ?
daz_wasz  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 4:30:31 PM(UTC)
daz_wasz

Attached is a screenshot of how i have the external settings setup http://prntscr.com/4akkrk
Again any help would be appreciated
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 6:33:54 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ daz_wasz

I think you need to describe in more detail exactly what and how you are doing this and perhaps what application you are trying to feed vMix to.
It could be a particular setting that needs adjusting or a driver that is not up to date or worst case scenario, an application that wont see vMix's output.
As stated earlier, most times you have to start vMix's "External" before you launch the application, otherwise it can't "see" it.

Ice
daz_wasz  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 6:07:40 AM(UTC)
daz_wasz

Hi Icesteam
Thankyoufor your reply. I have tried a few different applications and none of them see anything when i choose Vmix.
Essentially i am trying to use Vimix for a crunch switcher between my desktop share and a webcam, i need Vmix as it has the ability to assign a keyboard shortcut to the cut/switch inputs on Vmix. I am selecting webcam as 1 input and desktop screen share as the other and then trying to select the output of Vmix when i use a web based application using flash.
Hope all that makes sense and i aprciate any further help.
Darren
Ernest Król  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 6:23:28 AM(UTC)
Ernest Król

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
are those flash apps launched locally or from website?
daz_wasz  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 7:39:35 AM(UTC)
daz_wasz

From a website. Essentially its a website that helps to create a presentation so i want to use the output of the Vmix to switch between webcam and desktop share
richardgatarski  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 8:00:41 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Are you sure the Flash app supports the resolution you have set vMix video to (External output settings)?

If possible, try the Flash app with a webcam that works, and for which you know the resolution it outputs. Then set that resolution in VidBlaster.

Note, not all web based camera inputs in Flash supports virtual devices like vMix. For example Bambuser's web based streamer does not support vMix (in their business model the free flash streamer is limited to real webcams).
daz_wasz  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:42:48 PM(UTC)
daz_wasz

Ok so after trying almost everything , i changed browser and tried with Mozila firefox and the output of Vmix was showing.
This is good but now for some reason is is showing a very zoomed in version of what Vmix is outputting. I believe this is an issue with Flash as when i select the Vmix output on other software like skype, i can see the whole output. This is really confusing me and would love any help you guys could offer.