logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
onlin  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 2:21:19 PM(UTC)
onlin

Groups: Registered

Hello.

I tried network streaming by HTTP protocol and I have fast local network 1Gbps but it has 4 seconds delay always. How can I reduce this? (max 1 seconds)

Is an i3 laptop enough for about: 4 network 720p streaming (4 client is connecting to it) and 1 720p internet streaming? upload bandwidth is unlimited.

Can I stream to Ustream with vmix?

Thank you!
hogwam  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 10:13:52 AM(UTC)
hogwam

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Encoding to the stream will depend on the processing power, memory, GPU and disk access speed of the PC/laptop doing the encoding - encoding is not always the PC running vMix, of course. You could output from vMix to SDI or HDMI then source that input to another PC/Mac/applicance to encode and stream.
You can stream to livestream directly from vMix via the 'stream' settings panel and entering the URL and stream-key of the server, which you'll find in your livestream control panel.
The same applies for streaming to youtube.
lbgaus  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I do not think it's currently possible to achieve sub-1 second latency with current IP-based video delivery that isn't made for the professional/broadcast world. Most encoders are not designed for zero latency. If you had access to the underlying encoding parameters, say with ffmpeg, you might be able to tinker with it long enough to get the results you want.

RTMP has a protocol delay in it by design, 4 seconds is a likely minimum number you'll see for latency, especially with Ustream or providers like that instead of a self-configured RTMP server. Still, RTMP is not designed for low latency distribution.

For LAN streaming, vMix Desktop Capture is very simple and works with less than 1 second of latency. Also, if you have HDMI output you can maybe run your video over Cat6 cabling with the right adapters.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 3:16:12 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
onlin,
Please tell us what yóu want to do, that is, why you need reallt short latency in an IP stream.

Using Teradek Cube's you can obtain sub 1s latency if the network is not the bottleneck.

Yes, you can stream to Ustream with vMix.