logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
m_elias  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 12:09:30 PM(UTC)
m_elias

Groups: Registered
Canada

We are running a recent (month old) version of vMix 4k with a 1060 GPU. Running hardware encoding for recording and single stream output to Facebook and YouTube. We have two or three displays connected to the 1060's outputs. This is what we usual do every week. Then last Saturday I did a funeral with some pre recorded videos (used vMix), 8Mbps MP4(?). As soon as I played the pre-recorded video while streaming & recording, the render time went from 15ms up to 60+ms and vMix informed me that the GPU was overloaded. I can't say I noticed any issues on the live stream though. After the funeral I did some testing with hardware encoding disabled for the recording and streaming (using only cpu encoding) and that made no difference. If I only recorded and played the video it was fine or if I only streamed and played the video it was fine but when I did all three of them it overloaded no matter what hardware encoding settings I used. Using two or three displays didn't make a difference either. Would a 1070 GPU fix this? How come disabling hardware encoding for the recording & live stream doesn't make a difference?