logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CrankyCapone  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:58:54 PM(UTC)
CrankyCapone

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hello there,

currently I am working for an profesional icehockey club. At the beginning we are presenting the players with theyr picture (already made). It is a fix picture without moving or anything so I decided to make this picture smaller, put it in an edge and render it in .png (without background). I created a multimedia-list and it worked fine (Window in window function). Now things get difficult: I made an short video where the players moved and showed theyrselfe w in .mov format in the same place as the fixed pictures (simply the same in moving without background). Unfortunately I have no clue why it don´t work with picture in picture and the media-list. The video stops or the next does not start from beginning with the animation and so on...
The function must be:
First player display with "4" from window in window - animation starts and ends at last frame.
It stands as long as the next player comes in: Pushing next and the new animation of the next player starts and so on.
It ends when all players went out and I stop it with "4" from window in window.

Thanks for your time and help!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 9:43:49 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Probably a language problem and using different terms than used in vMix

Quote:
It is a fix picture without moving or anything so I decided to make this picture smaller, put it in an edge

edge ? sure your .png is transparent ?

Quote:
I created a multimedia-list and it worked fine (Window in window function)

Talking vMix List input ? Window in window function as in multiview/layer ?

Quote:
I made an short video where the players moved and showed theyrselfe w in .mov format in the same place as the fixed pictures (simply the same in moving without background).

???? , same place as in ? example to show maybe

Quote:
Unfortunately I have no clue why it don´t work with picture in picture and the media-list

PIP as in overlay PIP or multiview again ?

Quote:
The video stops or the next does not start from beginning with the animation and so on

What are the "automatically" settings of that input. How are you activating the list ?

Quote:
The function must be:
First player display with "4" from window in window - animation starts and ends at last frame.
It stands as long as the next player comes in: Pushing next and the new animation of the next player starts and so on.
It ends when all players went out and I stop it with "4" from window in window.

????

CrankyCapone  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 11:22:48 PM(UTC)
CrankyCapone

Germany

It is probably an language issue. I turnet vmix on english so I can describe it better.
I created a list with "input select - List", where I put the fix photo and video in.
This looks like this: List.JPG (37kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
With Picture in Picture I ment the "Overlay" function.
This looks like this: Unbenannt.JPG (17kb) downloaded 0 time(s). Bild in bild.JPG (36kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
With "4" I ment the overlay input 4, which is full size (My pictures are in .png and the .mov with alpha key).

With edge I ment I put the picture in the right upper left corner: bild.JPG (10kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

I activate the list with the overlay button "4". With pushing the next button you can see here: bilder.JPG (86kb) downloaded 0 time(s). it starts the next video but it is NOT starting the next video automaticly - I have to push start again.

Thx for your help!
doggy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 1:40:05 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
List might not be your best option (a Playlist might but harder , impossible, to turn it into a PIP )

images have no time duration (so they never stop) and the .MOV's are only 1 second ?
Need to rethink your intention and procedure

if it where only images , an image sequence could be an option,or animated gifs, but you are trying to mix images with videos.

EDIT
Correction. one can use a playlist with images etc, set their duration etc BUT .... set for each individual asset the display type to overly4 (defines as PIP)

Should have read the helpfiles ;-)
Quote:
Display Type: Optionally select the display type for this PlayList item. When an Overlay is set as the Display Type this PlayList item will appear as an overlay over the previous PlayList item, display for the length of the duration before moving to the next item.