logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ash  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:49:33 PM(UTC)
Ash

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi all

My first Youtube Live broadcast.

vMix 13 v141
Canon XA20 HDMI out to
Avermedia U3 Capture
i7 Laptop 8Gb

Audio capture was a little hairy but 2 wireless mics about 110m in commentators building thru glass in line of sight. Did'nt think this would work but first time used and learning on the fly.

1280 x 720 50p in
854 x 480 out

3.5m in scaffold wind gusting 20 30 kmph with light spinkling of rain to keep us cool. 5 other news crews/cameramen to keep company with.

One question if anyone can help.

vMix plays perfectly. I have no drop outs at all yet frustratingly Youtube skips tried everything that seems obvious but cannot get rid of it. Not sure if its frame rate (but that does'nt change in fmle always 25 even when set to 30 in vMix)

Thanks Martin really appreciate your work.

Cheers
Ash

richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:55:49 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Looks nice Ash, congrats!

Ash wrote:
I have no drop outs at all yet frustratingly Youtube skips tried everything that seems obvious but cannot get rid of it. Not sure if its frame rate (but that does'nt change in fmle always 25 even when set to 30 in vMix).

If you have set vMix Settings/Display Master frame rate to 30p, make sure you set the same frame rate in Settings/External Output for the vMix Video Device (which goes to FMLE). And then the same in vMix's streamer settings.

I am not sure what happens if vMix's frame rate (Master and External) is set to 25p and the Streamer to 30p. The other way around the streamer should drop the 5 frames that differs. But in another topic Martin recently noted (regarding 50p i Master and 30p in Streamer) that "It would appear FMLE isn't dropping frames as expected to keep the stream at the selected frame rate, so I will likely remove the dropdown box from the streaming window as FMLE will just use the virtual frame rate anyway".

Hope this helps.

thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
Ash on 8/7/2014(UTC)
Ash  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:10:37 PM(UTC)
Ash

Thanks

Pity the sound was mixed incorrectly in the first half but had hands on camera could'nt fix until half time.

My camera is PAL 50i/p - 25p not sure if I can run at 30p.

Will check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

richardgatarski wrote:
Looks nice Ash, congrats!

Ash wrote:
I have no drop outs at all yet frustratingly Youtube skips tried everything that seems obvious but cannot get rid of it. Not sure if its frame rate (but that does'nt change in fmle always 25 even when set to 30 in vMix).

If you have set vMix Settings/Display Master frame rate to 30p, make sure you set the same frame rate in Settings/External Output for the vMix Video Device (which goes to FMLE). And then the same in vMix's streamer settings.

I am not sure what happens if vMix's frame rate (Master and External) is set to 25p and the Streamer to 30p. The other way around the streamer should drop the 5 frames that differs. But in another topic Martin recently noted (regarding 50p i Master and 30p in Streamer) that "It would appear FMLE isn't dropping frames as expected to keep the stream at the selected frame rate, so I will likely remove the dropdown box from the streaming window as FMLE will just use the virtual frame rate anyway".

Hope this helps.

richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 4:27:21 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Ash,
I have same (almost) cameras, ie Canon G30 and XA 25. I would try setting vMix Master and recording frame rate to 50p and external to 25p. If the PC can't manage CPU wise (check Window's resource meter), fall back on recording to 25p. If it's still too much for the CPU, fall back to 25p on Master frame rate too.

The reason to go 50p on Master is that in my experience that gives smoother video, even when recording in 25p.

YouTube makes a fuss about 30p, but in my experience other rates (eg 25p and 50p) works fine.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
Ash on 8/8/2014(UTC)
Ash  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 7:55:57 AM(UTC)
Ash

Thank you

I will try this weekend at another local game that I will stream on the same site.

Cheers
Ash

richardgatarski wrote:
Ash,
I have same (almost) cameras, ie Canon G30 and XA 25. I would try setting vMix Master and recording frame rate to 50p and external to 25p. If the PC can't manage CPU wise (check Window's resource meter), fall back on recording to 25p. If it's still too much for the CPU, fall back to 25p on Master frame rate too.

The reason to go 50p on Master is that in my experience that gives smoother video, even when recording in 25p.

YouTube makes a fuss about 30p, but in my experience other rates (eg 25p and 50p) works fine.

Ash  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 5:37:52 PM(UTC)
Ash

Hi richardgatarski

Thank you for your tips re my problem with You Tube.

I did as you suggested and it worked. I had to use 25p but master set at 50p. Very minimal use of CPU and around 6 to 8ms as reported lower left corner.

Sometimes it just hard to know where to start, so many variables it gets a bit mind numbing.

Regards
Ash

Ash wrote:
Thank you

I will try this weekend at another local game that I will stream on the same site.

Cheers
Ash

richardgatarski wrote:
Ash,