logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Duff TV  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:34:39 AM(UTC)
Duff TV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi All

I'm a newby here and totally ecstatic to have purchased the HD version of Vmix. I have only just started playing with it and its a wonderful piece of software.

I film kids and adult sport here in Tasmania Australia and its my full time job. I use Grassvalley Edius for post production and for the past 2 years have manually added replays and scores in post production - very time consuming!

Replays is important to me and today we played a football game out of the camera (recorded in 1440x1080i)into VmiX. My friend who is helping me is experienced with Vmix as he uses it at Bellerive Oval in Hobart, has set all the settings and its coming through nice and clean natively into VMix.

But when we do the replays its seems to lose a little quality, its like its downscaled a little. As my end product is primarily DVD maybe this wont matter but for live streaming it may be an issue.

Can someone please recommend the very best settings and should I be recording my games in 720P so that the computer does not have to transcode from 1440X1080i? Could this be effecting the replay quality? I was just hoping it would look as good as the native footage. Do I need a better graphics card although its a brand new 2gig one that should be fine. (sorry I can't remember the brand - 660 something I think)

Apart from that the replay system looks really good though I haven't really played with it just yet.

Once again well done to Martin and all involved in developing what I can only describe as a fantastic piece of software that will be a major game changer for my business. I am so excited that once its totally up and running I will send through a demo video showing Vmix in full flight in my mobile editing suit in my Sprinter van.

I also looking forward to having input into the development of this great product via the forum GO VMIX!

Here's a little bit of what we do

Regards

Martin Duffy
Duff TV
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:18:45 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi Martin,

What is the resolution/size selected for the camera in vMix? 1440x1080 is not a native resolution, so I am guessing it is 1920x1080?
When adding the video delay, this can also have its own resolution set so double check it is the same quality if you want to keep the quality the same.

Perhaps a screenshot comparing both would be helpful if all of the sizes match.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Duff TV  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 11:58:35 AM(UTC)
Duff TV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am happy to report in that all is good with the quality issue of the replays.

I am not 100% sure what I did to fix it but it sure is fine now and looks exactly like the original live feed coming in.

Loving this software.