logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Agon  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 8:08:10 PM(UTC)
Agon

Groups: Registered
Albania

Hello,

Please add an option to remove Facebook comments from vMix Social after they appear on localhost:8089 or any option to limit comments in row from the same person or to delete bad comments?

BestRegard
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 8:34:22 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Agon Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Please add an option to remove Facebook comments from vMix Social after they appear on localhost:8089 or any option to limit comments in row from the same person or to delete bad comments?

BestRegard

Why remove when one can just opt to not display them in your production ?
Removing them in your localhost: 8089 will not fix it from being retrieved as they will still be in your FB comments ( remove them there )

Agon  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 9:38:05 PM(UTC)
Agon

Albania

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Agon Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

BestRegard

Why remove when one can just opt to not display them in your production ?
Removing them in your localhost: 8089 will not fix it from being retrieved as they will still be in your FB comments ( remove them there )

I remove it from facebook but the comment still appears on live TV through vMix Social. So there must be en option to Delete also from webform of vMix social.
RichDanby  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2020 12:22:40 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
It sounds like you are running with "Automatically update Title with most recent entries" enabled and "Queued entries only" disabled - Those would be options to select if you wanted every comment shown with no moderation.

If you enable "Queued entries only" then you can monitor the vMix Social, click on any messages you want shown and choose add to queue. Only those messages will get displayed.

The end result is the same as your request of an option to delete messages but it is safer (a message won't get shown in error because you didn't have time to delete it) and, for me at least, it feels more positive to be picking out the good messages rather than focussing on deleting the bad ones.

As an aside, in the live post settings on Facebook you have the option of only allowing people to comments one every 10 seconds, if you are getting a lot of messages from one person. You can also limit new accounts/followers from commenting.
Agon  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2020 6:49:11 AM(UTC)
Agon

Albania

Originally Posted by: RichDanby Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like you are running with "Automatically update Title with most recent entries" enabled and "Queued entries only" disabled - Those would be options to select if you wanted every comment shown with no moderation.

If you enable "Queued entries only" then you can monitor the vMix Social, click on any messages you want shown and choose add to queue. Only those messages will get displayed.

The end result is the same as your request of an option to delete messages but it is safer (a message won't get shown in error because you didn't have time to delete it) and, for me at least, it feels more positive to be picking out the good messages rather than focussing on deleting the bad ones.

As an aside, in the live post settings on Facebook you have the option of only allowing people to comments one every 10 seconds, if you are getting a lot of messages from one person. You can also limit new accounts/followers from commenting.

You have right @RichDanby, but I don't have time to sit in front of PC 24/7 end select comments, so the Delete option is very usefull for me and maybe for another one cuz when I see any bad comment just go and delete it.

I don't know this methode to limit comments from one FB Profile in minutes delay!