logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stu06  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 8:01:28 AM(UTC)
stu06

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It would be great to have the ability to set more than one page on the web controller to be for macros and limit what macros are on each page. This way I could have a person on an iPad viewing only macros for titles and another and another person on a different iPad viewing macros for audio. This currently is a pain because you would see all the macros selected for the web controller even those that don't have anything to do with that person. So if in the macros page there was then subpages for all, group 1, group 2, etc. it would make this more feasible. The same would also be helpful for inputs so I could filter it to all the most important things instead of all 66 of my current inputs.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 8:21:17 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
You can already achieve this in many ways:

- it's quite easy to build your own web controller pages and organize them the way you want.
- you can also use third party apps like Panel Builder and vMixUTC. They are free, easy to use and they offer exactly what you want by letting you design your own interfaces to control vMix remotely

Here's a demo video of Panel Builder for example. It works on PC, Mac, iOS and Android

vMix UTC has great features for managing titles (and many other things) : https://forums.vmix.com/...iversal-Title-Controller
vMix Panel Builder is great for audio stuff (and many other things) : https://forums.vmix.com/...in-Android-tablets-iPads
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
stu06 on 12/21/2020(UTC)
stu06  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 8:50:13 AM(UTC)
stu06

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks, I didn't realize that there was a mobile app for that as well so I appreciate you pointing that out. I don't have much time at the moment to read into it but does it require the desktop application to be open when connecting to vmix or can the app run as a standalone once the file is already transferred to it?
raugert  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 12:07:29 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stu06 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, I didn't realize that there was a mobile app for that as well so I appreciate you pointing that out. I don't have much time at the moment to read into it but does it require the desktop application to be open when connecting to vmix or can the app run as a standalone once the file is already transferred to it?

The app can run as a standalone on your Tablet or iPad, once the templates are synced from the desktop app.

cheers,
Richard