logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snedecor  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:59:16 PM(UTC)
snedecor

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm going to be developing a lot of content away from the projection vMix machine, on my personal computer, probably with a trial version of vMix. I'll be doing things like creating custom titles for our Church with our logo, pre-loading multi-verses of scripture into the new multi-verse title blocks, creating titles of introduction for speakers, for "pull quotes" for important points from the sermon that we would like to highlight, etc.

What I would like to do is build the vmix file exactly how I want it to look, save the preset file, copy it to my thumb drive, and then import it when I get to the projection machine.

I already learned that you also had to include all the named title XAML files, in addition to the .vmix file, but even that is not enough.

The fact that the XAML version of the title just refers to the (absolute, or non-relative) location of the assets that make up the title object makes this save/import task very difficult to do. You basically have to remember exactly what you've created that week, exactly what .png, what .jpg, etc. that you use, AND WHERE IN THE FILE STRUCTURE YOU PUT IT, copy it to your thumb drive, and then when you're at the production machine, replicate exactly the file structure that the XAML is looking for, otherwise it chokes and asks you (perhaps 100 times) where every single asset you've touched is located.

A "Pack and Go" feature, or a way to make the title objects be self-contained, rather than XAML skeletons would allow us to import the title keeping what we had done at home in place.

Sort of like a compiled object, rather than the source code...

Don't know how popular this would be or how high a priority it should be given...
HiltonT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:10:16 AM(UTC)
HiltonT

Groups: Registered
Man

+1