logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
melody  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:33:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi martin,

recently i needed to stream the camera source from an android device directly to vmix as an input but i have not found any solution to make this works.
so my sugestion is build a desktop capture "android" version that makes possible stream directly to vmix as an input the source from camera and stream the screen capture.

this would be a nice improvement for mobile devices...

regards,

melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
LG  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:17:00 PM(UTC)
LG

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
searhc for driodcam

its a app on your phone and a program on your pc using the wifi to make use of your android phone as a webcam or so.
melody  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:36:05 PM(UTC)

hi, LG

nice app, i tried droid cam and spydroid and i think spydroid works better, those apps does not work correctly in vmix...

if is there any other app, please let me know so i can try...

thanks however...

regards,

melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
thomas  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 9:24:17 AM(UTC)
thomas

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Maybe a bit far fetch, but what if you connect a Chromecast via HDMI? With a newer android device (or rooted android devices), you can mirror your mobile to chromecast in 1080p, I think.

melody wrote:
hi, LG

nice app, i tried droid cam and spydroid and i think spydroid works better, those apps does not work correctly in vmix...

thanks however...

regards,

melody
www.espiritosanto.cc

melody  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:02:42 AM(UTC)

hi thomas,

very nice product... however, the idea is use some "cable free" android phone/tablet camera app that makes real-time video stream over network.
thomas  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:22:25 AM(UTC)
thomas

I see, I`ve used a macbook and an iPad to do so.

Installed Airserver on the macboook and connected the system to a wifi-router (Asus Dark Night). That way I can mirror my iPad to vMix via the desktop-input on vMix. Then I can also view my camera from iPad in vMix.

With Chromecast you can connect it wirelessly to a router that`s also connected to vMix-computer. Connect Chromecast to a USB-port and you probably can mirror camera from an android device :)

melody wrote:
hi thomas,

very nice product... however, the idea is use some "cable free" android phone/tablet camera app that makes real-time video stream over network.

LG  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 12:10:50 PM(UTC)
LG

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
thomas wrote:
Maybe a bit far fetch, but what if you connect a Chromecast via HDMI? With a newer android device (or rooted android devices), you can mirror your mobile to chromecast in 1080p, I think.

melody wrote:
hi, LG

thanks however...

regards,

melody
www.espiritosanto.cc

kudos

thats a nice one

this way poeple giving demonstrations on the android tablet can wirelessly be inputted into vmix hdmi input ( i hope )
melody  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:48:00 AM(UTC)

ohh, realy nice... i didn`t know that chromecast could be connected wirelessly to the network..

thank you all for the help...
richardgatarski  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:36:24 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
thomas wrote:
With Chromecast you can connect it wirelessly to a router that`s also connected to vMix-computer. Connect Chromecast to a USB-port and you probably can mirror camera from an android device :)

Well the Chromecast connects to a display via HDMI (not USB). In theory you can then use a video grabber to get the video into the PC. But I guess most video grabbers won't allow this due to HDCP (copyright protection). At least my Magewell XI400 dont let the Chromecast through. Actually, the same thing happens with an Apple TV.

Also, the Chromecast app will only do screen mirroring on Android 4.4 (Kit Kat), and above (I presume).
thomas  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:35:42 PM(UTC)
thomas

I am aware of that, Richardgatarski. But if you dont have HDMI 1.4 you have to power the chromecast with USB :)

Btw, instead of using an appletv you can download airserver to a mac (or pc i think) and mirror your screen to that machine. I've done that several times :) airserver also has the possibility to record the mirroring.

richardgatarski wrote:
thomas wrote:

Well the Chromecast connects to a display via HDMI (not USB). In theory you can then use a video grabber to get the video into the PC. But I guess most video grabbers won't allow this due to HDCP (copyright protection). At least my Magewell XI400 dont let the Chromecast through. Actually, the same thing happens with an Apple TV.

Also, the Chromecast app will only do screen mirroring on Android 4.4 (Kit Kat), and above (I presume).

richardgatarski  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 8:43:31 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

It turns out that the Chromecast can be connected to the Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI, which seems to bypassing the HDCP issue. At least for me using 1280x720 at 50p. It also seems that it is important that the Chromecast is not playing anything, ie is on its home screen, when connecting HDMI to the Magewell dongle.

The Yuan SC510 N4 HDMI blocks the Chromecast with HDCP.

Also, for Android screen mirroring you need Kit Kat (4.4) and a device that supports screen mirroring. Have not been able to test. (my Galaxy S4 is only 4.3, and my Nexus 7 with 4.4.4 seems not to support)

Have fun!
richardgatarski  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:22:07 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

After some more experimentation I have found it a little bit tricky to get the Chromecast running through the Magewell USB dongle. Below is how I do it. You may try other resolutions/framerates. I think the reason it has to be done this way is due to the handshaking when the video capture device tells the Chromecast which resolutions it can handle.

1. Insert the Chromecast into the Magwewell's HDMI port
2. Add a Video Input (or change an existing), set resolution to 1280x720 and frame rate to 50p, click OK.
3. Connect (or dis- then re-connect) the Chromecast's USB power.
4. After a few seconds the Chromecast logo appears and spins, wait a few more seconds.
5. Close down the "Add/change" Input window.
6. Click the Input's cog wheel, in its settings, click Change, then just click OK and close the Add/Change Input window
7. Now you should have the Chromecast's video in the Input

Ash  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:08:28 AM(UTC)
Ash

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
ManyCam does it
HiltonT  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 4:46:08 AM(UTC)
HiltonT

Man

Yes, a desktop capture app that doesn't need a rooted iOS or Android device would be awesome for those times when a presenter uses one of these devices. For that matter, a TIFKAM app would also be awesome for those users with a Windows RT device used for presentations.