logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 9:17:53 AM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I have an issue on multiple vMix machines, so it looks like its a common bug, and may have been here for several releases, as I believe I first witness this a couple of years back, but forgot to report it.

There is something very strange going on with the OVERLAYS Drop menus used to select overlays in the output settings menu.

From a status of ALL OFF I am unable to turn any single overlay, let alone multiple overlays.

The only way to get round this issue is to select ALL ON and then remove the overlays you dont want. It works, but seems wrong.

Also my selected overlay does not appear on the SRT output. Is the overlay function just for the NDI stream?
All The Best

Keith
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 1:06:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Hi Keith,

Can you provide step by step to replicate the issue?
This is what I tried:

1. Adding a title input and turning it on Overlay 1.
2. Going to Settings -> Outputs and turning on NDI on Output 1 so I can monitor it elsewhere and then turn off all overlays.
3. Confirmed overlays are off on that NDI output.
4. Turned on overlay 1 by itself.
5. Confirmed overlay appears again in output.

Step 2 is important because the Output is not the same as the Fullscreen output or the output on screen (overlays for these are controlled separately), so
make sure you are monitoring the correct output when testing overlay changes.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
RichDanby  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 8:20:43 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I've managed to recreate this: -

Set an output's or fullscreen's overlays to All Off
Close and reopen vMix
Try to change the settings to enable an overlay for that output and it stays on All Off unless you select All On.

Hope that helps

This discussion has already helped me as it hadn't clicked that the default program view isn't necessarily the same that is going to the stream/recording

It seems the default program view shows what overlays are configured for fullscreen 1 (as long as that is set to show Output, whether it is enabled or not). If fullscreen 1 is set to something different then the program view shows what overlays are configured for output 1. But if the source of output 1 is set to something other than Output then fullscreen 1 is forced to show Output and it's overlays are used again. Is that correct and is that what's intended? I'm glad I spotted it now rather than when live.