logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
m_elias  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 5:06:50 AM(UTC)
m_elias

Groups: Registered
Canada

We are using keyboard shortcuts to transition between video camera inputs. Now with a PTZ Optics camera (PT20X-SDI-GY-G2) we have a few virtual inputs set for certain ptz positions. Is it possible, with a shortcut, to have the ptz move to the preset position and delay until it's ready before transitioning the video to the output? Obviously this would only work when transitioning from a different camera to the PTZ.
DaleH  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 7:23:49 AM(UTC)
DaleH

Man
United States

In order to hide the PTZ camera movement, you will need to use a stinger or move the camera prior to going to a transition. Some issues I've found with the stinger approach (maybe I don't know enough):
1. Stinger transitions using a 'black' background with the opacity set at 0% and then with a cut somewhere after the movement has been completed does work, but you must live with the delay.
2. Stinger transitions do not allow any other transition type, only a cut.
3. I've noticed that if you use the fade function to move the preview, the stinger may override and cause it to go to a preset. We had some PTZ movements in the live stream when fully unintentional. Looking for any potential shortcuts that may be conflicting.
4. I would be great if other transitions could be selected rather than cut.
5. We may need to move to using preset locations and then manually transition to avoid what was noted above.
robbienet  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 7:24:56 AM(UTC)
robbienet

Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

When I change positions from the PTZ cameras, I do this with Bitfocus Companion and streamdecks, but the idea is the same.

I make a preset for the PTZ camera and switch this to the preset to recall it.
then I recall my camera (That is in a virtual studio setup for my purpose) on preview and switch this over when I need it.

You can also use a web link from your browser to control your camera positions or use an external controller.

PTZ controll in vMix works well but only controls the basic functions of the cameras.
also, it creates an input for every position preset.

good luck on your project.

kind regards, Rob
m_elias  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 2:09:28 AM(UTC)
m_elias

Canada

We've only used the new ptz camera once now, so there's still a lot to learn. We setup an input for each preset position and each of those inputs has a keyboard shortcut key assigned to transitionIn for that input. The inputs have triggers to enable/disable the appropriate overlays etc. What we were doing was using a single left mouse click on a ptz virtual input to have the camera move to that preset position, then pressing the keyboard shortcut when we wanted to transition to that camera. Then try to plan our angles so that we can switch to another camera, before cue'ing up the next ptz preset. I'm just looking for a way to eliminate the mouse click so that there's only the keyboard shortcut needed, even if that means there's a slight (1-2s) delay while the ptz positions.
dmwkr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 2:35:27 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
This could be a way for you:
https://live.ptzoptics.c...ment-easing-transitions/

If you have a vMix edition with scripting capabilities (4k or Pro), it would also be possible to assign a small script (moving the camera – wait – transition to output) to the shortcuts.
m_elias  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 3:11:02 AM(UTC)
m_elias

Canada

Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post
If you have a vMix edition with scripting capabilities (4k or Pro), it would also be possible to assign a small script (moving the camera – wait – transition to output) to the shortcuts.

We have to use 4k or better for ptz controls anyways so I'll look into this. Thanks.