logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alex2k  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 1:20:27 AM(UTC)
Alex2k

Groups: Registered
Spain

We have purchased the Pro license of VMix this year, and now, after several live streaming events, we are able to propose a few things that could improve our day to day work. Maybe a few are quite easy to implement and others are complicated, but anyway this requirement is only based in our own experience and it could be not useful for other operators.

Proposal nº1:
Do not show “None” in Multiview window when layer is in used by any other element in the project, specially when you are working with virtual sets. It is really confused when you are trying to add new layers and you think that one layer is empty but it contains one of the elements of the virtual set, for example, the background or the screen border. I suggest marking each used layer in any colour and show a text label in the overlay showing what it is in real, also very useful in the Position tab. (picture attached to explain that)

Multiview.jpg (210kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
overlay.jpg (527kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Proposal nº2:
Add a Find box in Shortcut Tab to find functions by typing a few words (same as Final Cut Effects tab)

Shortcuts.jpg (188kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Proposal nº 3:
In Vmix Call, an option to block an Id number. It means that if a vmix call is online, nobody will be able to use the same ID to connect in this channel. At the moment, if this happens the new connection reject the actual vmix call, and this is a big risk when you are in a live event, specially if you are giving a full list of ID numbers to a client and you don´t have full control of who and when will use them.

Proposal nº 4:
Very similar to others switching hard-desks, I’d love to have a save preview option. In this way, you would be able to load a whole preview pre-set in one key, meaning that size, position and other attributes for every element that is on the preview will be save in this option. You can change whatever you like but when you load this pre-set everything comes back as it was before. All in the same place with the same format.
You can create several items in a list, and each item will have one preview standing by to be fire in program.

I hope you understand what I had on my head... thanks!