logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stpaulsmilaca  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 8:29:43 AM(UTC)
stpaulsmilaca

Groups: Registered
United States

Greetings!

I just added the Dante card to our Behringer x32 mixer, and installed the Dante Virtual Soundcard on a few PCs, including our vMix machine. I setup linked busses for Left and Right to bus the audio to the vMix machine, and setup the channels accordingly in Dante Controller. I also use Dante Via on a different PC to send audio to the vMix computer from things like streaming audio, mp3s, etc.

The audio IS getting to our vMix computer, as expected, but there are two problems...

1. The Left channel is always 2x as loud as the right channel in vMix, no matter what I do on the mixer/mix bus or on the machine with Dante Via. I always have to turn down the Left/1 volume on the Channel Mixer in vMix to get them to balance, and I mean WAY down.
  2. vMix is not consistently keeping the volume from session to session/day to day. When I first load up the vMix preset, the volume is WAY too loud coming in from the mixer, esp. in the left channel. I barely have the mix bus on and still the volume is just too loud, and I can turn the volume to almost off on the Via computer and it's still very loud. I end up having to turn down the gain in vMix to get it right or turn on the auto gain option. But then, on another day, there is very little volume at all such that I have to crank the gain and shut off the auto gain. Either way, the volume level bars on the Channel Mixer are almost always peaking (the left channel anyway).

When I was using analog signal from the board through the computer's audio input, the audio was far more stable and consistent.

Does anyone else use Dante, either from a board or from Via, and have issues like this or know how to improve the over all audio control in vMix?

Thanks!