logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VideoE  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 5:22:24 AM(UTC)
VideoE

Groups: Registered
United States

I built the 'Talkback to VMIx caller' per Tims' Video. Using a streamdeck I dragged a vMix key on page 2(2.21) of my streamdeck (with mostly Companion keys), shortcut triggered and everything OK until I went back to page 1 of the streamdeck and the new VMix key overwrote my Companion key in the same spot(1.21). Is this always going to happen, the VMix key dragged in covers the same key position on all pages?

If so, should I use Companion all the way because I'm also triggering an ATEM with VMix and need multiple commands from the same button which I'm not sure can be done with the VMix keys from Elgato. (Could be wrong about that...)

If I do use Companion am I using the 'Custom Script' dropdown to activate a shortcut and if so what's the format of a script for the shortcut?

My intermediate solution is to use two Companion buttons with 'General Key Press' and assign two keyboard letters to two shortcuts-seems inelegant.

Any suggestions would help, the script reference page didn't give me too much clarity.