logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ph0en1x  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:06:54 AM(UTC)
Ph0en1x

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all,

First of all: this software is a-ma-zing. Incredibly versatile, still user-friendly and coming with a substantial trial period to boot. Kudo's!

Still, there is something i can't seem to get to work. I'm trying to automate an instant replay after each goal scored in a live sports match. With some similar topics in these forums and some trial-and-error, i've come a long way. Right now, i have the following set-up (excluding some irrelevant overlays):

• A capture-input (perhaps to be expanded into a multicam set-up)
  • A video delay of 20 seconds based on the active output
  • A shortcut that:
    • first sets the position of my video delay to a predetermined point (12 seconds in, so 8 seconds left)
    • subsequently inputs the video delay as preview
    • finally swaps the preview for the active output using a stinger (about 1.5 seconds long) i made.

This is working fine. I also have a shortcut that does about the same but reversed so i can get back to the livefeed, but of course i would rather have the replay disappear automatically. This, however, is where things turned problematic. Because the stinger will be 'recorded' by the video delay from the output, ideally the replay is swapped for the livefeed approximately 2 seconds before the replay completes. I have tried to add a TransitionIn trigger that activates the stinger with a delay of 6 seconds (so when the replay is at 00:18) but this doesn't seem to work. Even more so, any function (a simple fade, a hard cut) i've tried and any delay (2 seconds, or no delay at all) doesn't work.

Why is this? Can't i use triggers on a video delay input? Can't i use TransitionIn on a 'stingered' input? Any solutions?

I could of course use 3rd party software to automate my shortcuts outside of VMix, but i'd rather not mess with things outside VMix if I could avoid it.

Many thanks in advance!
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:59:59 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Why is the video delay using the output as the source? In your single camera setup, try using the camera feed as the source for the video delay. That way the stringer doesn't get recorded as part of the delay.
Ph0en1x  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:58:18 PM(UTC)
Ph0en1x

I might use more than one camera in the not too distant future so i figured one delay for the output would be more easily to handle than one delay per capture input. Still, the stinger isn't really the main problem, i would just like the delay to stinger-out at a predetermined point without having to time a keypress myself.

I tried adding a OnCompletion trigger to a video delay of a capture input to make the delay fade into the preview input but it didn't seem to work. If you guys know of a way to make sure it does, timing it to avoid the first stinger should be cake.
Ph0en1x  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 6:02:39 AM(UTC)
Ph0en1x

Anybody?

New question then: isn't it possible to add value-parameters to triggers? For instance, SetPosition an input at 10000 when another input Transitions out?
Ph0en1x  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 9:12:38 AM(UTC)
Ph0en1x

Ph0en1x wrote:
Is it possible to add value-parameters to triggers? For instance, SetPosition an input at 10000 when another input Transitions out?

Anybody?

With regard to the triggers on video delays issue: i just realized the video delay keeps looping until manually transitioned out. Is that the reason OnCompletion triggers don't work and if so, is there a way around this?