logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bzerangue  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 3:44:31 AM(UTC)
bzerangue

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In vMix 23.0.0.66, for some odd reason on a fresh preset, when I add multiple NDI PTZ cameras and then start panning-tilting-zooming to my desired position and then create my input from that current position. It then will create that input as I have asked it to do and then from the same screen... I move my camera from there and zoom out and reposition my camera to create another input.

Here is my scenario, I am setting up multiple pan-tilt-zoom positions for a specific camera.

1. Add Input 1 (NDI camera)
2. Click on the settings cog, go to PTZ controls and connect PTZ controls through Sony VISCA over IP.
3. Position camera to my desired default settings... Zoom out all the way and center the camera [Zoom: 0 X-Axis: 0 Y-Axis: 0] and then click on Create Input at this Position.
4. Then I reposition the camera and Zoom in 50% and move the camera over 50% to the left and tilt upwards 25% and then click on Create Input at this Position.

NOW, I have 3 inputs...

Input 1: NDI Camera 1
Input 2: (Camera 1 at center position - zoom: 0, x: 0, y: 0)
Input 3: (Camera 1 at zoom: 50%, left 50%, and tilted upwards 25%)

Then I close out of the settings cog, and my camera is currently set to the Input 3's settings... since they were the last created. So I click on Input 2... which should return me to the center and zoom me out fully to Zoom: 0;

What happens is that it does respect my panning and tilting and returns me to the center, BUT, Zoom remains the same value as input 3, it keeps the 50% zoom and doesn't zoom out to Zoom: 0 (fully zoomed out). It doesn't seem to respect the Zoom settings that I set for Input 2.

So if I click back on the settings on Input when and Zoom out to 0 and Update Input 2, then my Zoom settings change to Zoom 0 (like I wanted them to), but when I go back to Input 3, it pan and tilts to the left and upward like it is supposed to, but then it is fully zoomed out and doesn't zoom in 50% of the way.

Am I missing a setting? Is there a reason what it is not holding on to the Zoom setting and all the inputs created off of a camera maintain the last made Zoom setting for all inputs on that specific camera???

PLEASE HELP!
bzerangue  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 7:58:47 AM(UTC)
bzerangue

United States

Anyone experience something like this?

bzerangue  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2020 4:00:55 AM(UTC)
bzerangue

United States

Thanks to the help of the vMix support team. The problem with my specific PTZ cameras (NewTek PTZ-UHD model), which uses the Sony VISCA over IP protocol, is that I was saving the "create input at this position" presets with the Focus checkbox checked (on). Support encouraged me to setup the presets for each input with focus box unchecked. Now, "create input at this position" will respect the pan, tilt, and zoom values and hold all those values.

My understanding of the main input for the camera you can adjust focus there, just not saved as a preset.

I hope this helps. Again, thank you to the vMix support team for their vigilance in helping me figure out a solution.
thanks 1 user thanked bzerangue for this useful post.
LucaL on 12/15/2023(UTC)