logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tikacademy  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 3:47:13 AM(UTC)
tikacademy

Groups: Registered
Colombia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi to all, new vMix FAN here and I'm loving the software and its set of features. I'm just going through the videos and howtos to get a good understanding and how things change f4om OBS which I've used for years now.

I do a livest5ream on YouTube and Facebook on Wednesdays and I've setup a pretty complete preset (scene) with sources, transitions, and all of that I've setup a 21-minute countdown which onCompletion transitions to my talking head cam, works like a charm but I'm having an issue. I want to add sort of a timer on my live-stream I would like it to either count down from 1hr to zero and then go to color bars or count upwards to 1hr and then FTB.I have wartched the vMix video on timers but I just couldn't get the clock to do what I want also there's no such option as resetCounter, or is there? because I have not found it yet. the purpose of that would be that when i transition form my "starting in 2m" countdown scene top my facecam the counter resets back to 2 minutes. How do I do that?.

Thanks and great product.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 4:26:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Use the OnCountdownCompleted trigger

Reset counter ? no but you can set or change it or simply start the countdown again as the previous settings still remain (see the multiple shortcut options in the title shortcuts section) . Most shortcut functions can be used with triggers
tikacademy  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 11:54:28 AM(UTC)
tikacademy

Colombia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Use the OnCountdownCompleted trigger

Reset counter ? no but you can set or change it or simply start the countdown again as the previous settings still remain (see the multiple shortcut options in the title shortcuts section) . Most shortcut functions can be used with triggers

Thanks so much. Appreciate yopur reply, I've set it as suggested or that´s what I think, steps

Add a shortcut to stopCount (Multiply)
Add a shortcut to setCount (Substract)
Add a shortcut to startCount (Add)
Add a shortcut to showCount (calling all previous three keys)

Wow, that´s PITA IMHO, is there anyway of simplifying all this mess? also I don't know if it's me but the more things and shortcuts you add the laggish the interface becomes, is it normal?.

For now it works, but it's very harsh and error-prone solution, also it's a keys-wasting solution.

Regards