logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rss  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 11:59:00 PM(UTC)
rss

Groups: Registered
Romania

Hello all!

I need an opinion (especially confirmed by vMix representatives) for what solution I could adopt to have the internet connection provided on certain important events.
Attention!! when using vmix calls! Otherwise I think things are much simpler without calls ...

By the way, I may not be so interested in the transmission part, which I could easily solve with a device like LiveU (for outgoing destination), but my biggest problem is how to secure my connection with the participants I connected through vmixcall. I don't know it is possible to have permanent connection with vmixcall servers.

Basically I have a 1 Gb internet connection that gives me super speed at any quality without any problems. But! There was a situation when in the neighborhood after a construction work, the optical fiber was interrupted during the whole day.

I still have 2 USB 4G internet dongle modems on two different phone networks ... but it takes until I manually switch to it and the connections with the participants connected via vmixcall are lost.

Basically I need a device that when it no longer feels like there is a wired internet connection to instantly switch to the other LTE network.

I was tempted to use Speedify but I heard different opinions that were not very encouraging.

What solution do you recommend?

PS: I have a motherboard that has two network cards, one 1Gb and one 10Gb, I could connect one LiveU for live streaming and the other internet solution just for calls from another device but how can I make this setting from vmix?
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 3:39:13 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
We use VidiuGo via their Core service. You get bonded WIFI, Ethernet + 2 cell modems or USB dongles. Then you can send this to H.264 or H.265.

All the connections work together, so if one drops the other just compensate.
Maximus  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 12:24:30 AM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
"By the way, I may not be so interested in the transmission part". I think rss is looking for an internet solution, not a transmission solution. The Teradek Link or Link pro may be a better solution to provide redundant internet.

Maxi
rss  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 4:31:01 AM(UTC)
rss

Romania

Originally Posted by: Vince Beck Go to Quoted Post
We use VidiuGo via their Core service. You get bonded WIFI, Ethernet + 2 cell modems or USB dongles. Then you can send this to H.264 or H.265.

All the connections work together, so if one drops the other just compensate.

Originally Posted by: Maximus Go to Quoted Post
"By the way, I may not be so interested in the transmission part". I think rss is looking for an internet solution, not a transmission solution. The Teradek Link or Link pro may be a better solution to provide redundant internet.

Maxi

Thank you for the answers Vince Beck and Maximus!

Indeed Maximus, as you said, the problem in my case is not just what I send, it is complicated to keep vmixcalls active if the main provider fails.

"The Teradek Link or Link pro may be a better solution to provide redundant internet."
Why do you say that Maximus, what is the difference between VidiuGo and Teradek Link or Link pro?

Have you used this solution in a similar situation as I have? Can it maintain both the uninterrupted vmix calls and live streaming?

Thank you in advance!

MichaelOlsen  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 5:19:02 PM(UTC)
MichaelOlsen

Denmark

rss  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 6:32:45 PM(UTC)
rss

Romania

Originally Posted by: MichaelOlsen Go to Quoted Post

Hey, Thank you Olsen!

With vMix? But did you also use vmix calls with this device?

alexbyrd  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 10:27:27 AM(UTC)
alexbyrd

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I run a peplink balance 380. It can failover to multi broadband connections which could also be 4g/5g links. You can also set up speedfusion which will bond all your connections together and if one fails then it seamlessly uses the others. The endpoint is in the cloud AWS /Azure etc - bear in mind that the bandwidth is greatly reduced but you should get no connection loss.
thanks 1 user thanked alexbyrd for this useful post.
rss on 11/19/2022(UTC)