logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AndreaM  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 12:53:59 AM(UTC)
AndreaM

Groups: Registered
Italy

Ciao a tutti
Ho inviato sull'ingresso microfonico del PC l'uscita di un mixer (gruppo al netto del PC stesso),
e ho creato come input l'ingresso microfonico: primo problemino è un po' troppo rumore di fondo che non riesco ad eliminare con le impostazioni del Gain sull'ingresso del VMix: consigliate di usare qualche plugin? Se si quale?

Inoltre utilizzo in locale l'uscita audio del PC in diffusione (es. per fare riunioni su Zoom utilizzando però il layout del VMix che mi permette multi-finestra efficaci): MA forse ho sbagliato a impostare qualcosa sull'uscita audio del VMix,
perché non appena alzo sul mixer il fader del volume dell'uscita audio PC, mi innesca subito a VMix acceso, mentre non succede a VMix spento

Sarei grato se qualche esperto o meno neofita di me potesse darmi una mano, in italiano!
Grazie 1000
Pepsi(~)  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:38:38 AM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Netherlands

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi,

Most mixers send a line out signal, and you set it to mic in. But that needs a lower signal. A behringer or focusrite have audio interfaces that can be a mic or line in.
Also to prevent groundloop. It is best to have a groundloop isolator in line with the signal

Mixer => cable => groudloop isolator => cable => line audio interface (external) => usb cable => computer with vmix
thanks 1 user thanked Pepsi(~) for this useful post.
AndreaM on 11/9/2020(UTC)
BLikens  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 7:04:56 AM(UTC)
BLikens

United States

Hello, there. If I may as for some clarification on your answer, please? You seem to understand my situation, connecting a Behringer mixer to vMix via USB into my computer. When you say: "you set it to mic in. But that needs a lower signal", my computer registers the USB input as a mic -- Is that how it should be seen? You comment that it needs a lower signal, so perhaps the mic input isn't right? I'm confused by that. Also, "A behringer or focusrite have audio interfaces that can be a mic or line in." If I input the mixer using a separate interface, a DAW?, will that show up differently in vMix, or does that make any difference? I have audio with the mixer, but it isn't very good, and it should simply be a matter of using the mixer to do the work and then utilizing that audio into vMix, so I'm not understanding why it doesn't very well.

Thank you so much for any input. It's very frustrating, trying to integrate things I'm not used to using when they've always simply worked before.

I appreciate your time.