logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aaron LPH  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 12:36:13 PM(UTC)
Aaron LPH

Groups: Registered
Singapore

Hi to all VMIX Champs,

anyone have any experience regarding multiple angle virtual sets.
As i have check the virtual set on vmix. it seem that on there is only 1 angle and different zoom field which i understood.
i went into the virtual set link and i realize there there multiple angle set. can anyone advice me on the steps to take?
matkeane  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 7:19:22 AM(UTC)
matkeane

France

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hi, basically each virtual set corresponds to a camera angle. Within each virtual set, the 4 position presets allow you to reframe shots, but it's still the same live camera angle. Each additional angle in a multiple-angle virtual set is designed for a camera in a different position, and are designed for multi-camera shoots. So if you have, for example, 3 cameras, you would add your 3 live camera inputs, then add 3 angles of a virtual set, and set the live-camera input layer in each one to the corresponding camera angle. When you switch between the virtual set inputs, you are switching between your live cameras but with the live camera image composited into your virtual set. Hope that helps.
sontoloyo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:49:34 PM(UTC)
sontoloyo

Man
Malaysia

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I found a video demo of a multicam virtual set

Aaron LPH  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:43:24 PM(UTC)
Aaron LPH

Singapore

Originally Posted by: matkeane Go to Quoted Post
Hi, basically each virtual set corresponds to a camera angle. Within each virtual set, the 4 position presets allow you to reframe shots, but it's still the same live camera angle. Each additional angle in a multiple-angle virtual set is designed for a camera in a different position, and are designed for multi-camera shoots. So if you have, for example, 3 cameras, you would add your 3 live camera inputs, then add 3 angles of a virtual set, and set the live-camera input layer in each one to the corresponding camera angle. When you switch between the virtual set inputs, you are switching between your live cameras but with the live camera image composited into your virtual set. Hope that helps.

How about working with 1 static cam but able to get multiple angle? i know there will be limited angle but at least it seem like 3D.

doggy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 6:14:43 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aaron LPH Go to Quoted Post

How about working with 1 static cam but able to get multiple angle? i know there will be limited angle but at least it seem like 3D.

LOL. flipping mirror array would do it

matkeane  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 7:45:54 PM(UTC)
matkeane

France

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aaron LPH Go to Quoted Post

With only 1 camera - even a PTZ which allows some reframing of the shot - it's all going to be from same perspective, so it won't really seem like 3D.

I guess if you have something - a stinger, or some other content - to hide the transitions, you could cheat. Start with a wide shot of the talent in the virtual set, then cut to a medium shot with a different angle virtual set, as though you had cut to another camera. The problem is, part of what sells the virtual set effect is cutting between cameras and the audience seeing a visually consistent 3D space between the different camera views. If you have to hide the cuts, it probably won't 'sell' the effect as well.
DWAM  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:04:10 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
LOL
Producing multi angle virtualsets with a single cam is only possible if you are NOT LIVE, with post edit from several footage !
If you want this live, you need as many cams and virtualsets as angles!
IceStream  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:59:38 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Aaron LPH

Quote:
"How about working with 1 static cam but able to get multiple angle? i know there will be limited angle but at least it seem like 3D".

Check out Vset 3D which basically does exactly that!

Ice