logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cristian Mihai  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 10:48:25 PM(UTC)
Cristian Mihai

Groups: Registered
Romania

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Any users of Teltonika routers here ? Their routers with 2 gsm card backup for internet looks interesting...
thanks 1 user thanked Cristian Mihai for this useful post.
rss on 11/16/2022(UTC)
Cristian Mihai  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 6:28:54 PM(UTC)
Cristian Mihai

Romania

It seems they have it on 4G also : https://wiki.teltonika-n...s.com/view/RUTX12_Mobile
Zawal  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 4:15:07 PM(UTC)
Zawal

Poland

I have Teltonika - I do not recommend it. I get a better effect on https://speedify.com/
Tone13  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 6:47:22 AM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zawal Go to Quoted Post
I have Teltonika - I do not recommend it. I get a better effect on https://speedify.com/

It would be interesting to hear why you don't recommend Teltonika mobile routers?

I am looking at purchasing the RUT950 so have an all in one solution (LAN and Cellular) when mobile live streaming. I know it doesn't do cellular bonding of the two sim cards but can auto switch to whichever has the best 4G signal. You can also use a wired ethernet connection for internet and have the sim cards as a backup.

In Australia, using speedify has actually LOWERED my data rate compared to using a single 4G or Wired connection.
Morki  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:39:26 AM(UTC)
Morki

Germany

Originally Posted by: Cristian Mihai Go to Quoted Post
Any users of Teltonika routers here ? Their routers with 2 gsm card backup for internet looks interesting...

We have 10 Teltonika RUTX12 in use. I like them a lot. Simple, working. The admin frontend is a little confusing at first (partly simply due to the large number of functionalities), but once you got used to it, they are easy to deploy. We also like the Teltonika RMS for central admin when many of them are out for remote calls with freelance technicians...
3xscreen  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 9:00:15 PM(UTC)
3xscreen

United Kingdom

We've been using the RUTX11 - I like them. They are particularly compelling in areas with poor connectivity when paired with one of these directional antennas that they mount in - https://teltonika-networ...roduct/qumax-for-rutx11/

Two things to be aware of when using the RUTX11 on vMix jobs:

- you can only have one of the two SIMs active at a time - which means that if you are only on 4G and you want redundancy, the way to achieve that is to have a 4G router connected to the RUTX11 WAN port and either have it fail over to the RUTX11's internal active SIM - or vice versa. If you fail over from one internal SIM to the other internal SIM, because they both aren't active at the same time, you need to wait for the backup SIM to get online - which means an outage of a couple of minutes

- when the RUTX11 fails over to its backup, it doesn't switch back to the primary when it becomes available again - ie. if you are using the WAN and that fails, you can config the RUTX11 so it cuts across to the active SIM with an outage of a second or two. The correction stays there then and won't flip back to the WAN when it comes back.

The RUTX12 has the advantage of supporting both SIMs in an active state at the same time - with some basic load balancing.
thanks 1 user thanked 3xscreen for this useful post.
rss on 11/21/2022(UTC)