logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mldrexler  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 10:49:04 PM(UTC)
mldrexler

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
A better use of the Trigger function "SetPosition" would be to set it's slider position from the end of the clip, not the beginning. Or add/change to "SetPositionEnd" and "SetPositionStart". When rehearsing a show that has numerous video playback clips of several minutes each, it would be nice to be able to instantly trigger an event that takes the clip to the last 30/20/10 seconds to see the next transition or cue...instead of the awkward scrubbing. This is a feature of some very popular Playback software packages. It would be great to use vMix as video playout device on event shows.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 11:25:16 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Quote:
A better use of the Trigger function "SetPosition" would be to set it's slider position from the end of the clip, not the beginning.

Then what about those that want to "trim" from the beginning ? then those would have to scrub;-)

On the other hand if currently really important a script will do it nicely

Quote:
add/change to "SetPositionEnd" and "SetPositionStart"

is indeed a better suggestion

Quote:
It would be great to use vMix as video playout device on event shows.

true, but mainly it's still a Live Production & Streaming application (which still isn't able to trigger my coffee machine although someone apparently had succes with his scanner)
mldrexler  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 1:52:22 AM(UTC)
mldrexler

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I cant think of any instance in my 30 years of live production that I was ever asked to start "x" seconds into a clip without setting an in point different from the clip start point. I mean, possibly there could be an instance where someone wants to trigger the replay of a clip from a certain point "x" seconds from the beginning as to highlight a music cue or voice cue. But for almost all live shows that have rehearsals, you most certainly would be asked to play the last "x" seconds of a long video clip as to move onto the next transition/shot/cue without the awkward scrubbing. A "SetPositionEnd" trigger would be most useful for rehearsals. As it is now, I cannot showcase vMix as a complete Live Production Switcher to my broadcast and event clients with video playout because I cant seamlessly GoTo"X" seconds before the end of the clip. I had to add the expense of Playback Pro just for that capability during rehearsals...and now the show.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 2:04:37 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Quote:
if currently really important a script will do it nicely

until the request is granted
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
mldrexler on 10/26/2020(UTC)