logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mavrick-Larry  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 8:17:48 AM(UTC)
Mavrick-Larry

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello!

I am working with a show that has multiple incoming calls (4 hosts with 2 guests). I can set the bandwidth of the caller (I have it set to 2K), but I still have issues where the call resolution drops below 1280x720.

We use BirdDog converters to take the NDI output of vMix for use in our facility. When the resolution drops below 1280x720, the NDI stream goes weird, with the effect of a mirror zoom down to where the "current" resolution is.

Is there a way to "lock" the call resolution at 1280x720 regardless of what the server thinks it should reduce to?

I know there are software NDI converters that can handle the resolution changes. But we need the hardware converters to take processing off of our computers. Willing to try a beta if there's a way to lock to a size.

Appreciate any suggestions
Paul Fuhrmann  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 3:49:49 AM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I also observed this this behavior of vMIX-Call: Even if you rank up tha bandwich to 4000 kbp/s the resolution stays down.

Also i observerd that chrome is a bit more reactive than the firefox.

I also have the chellange to convert all callers to HD-SDI 1080i50 that most converters dont like dynamicaly changes in the ndi resolution to work properly.