logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gre2gor  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:28:40 PM(UTC)
gre2gor

Groups: Registered
Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
This is our environment. What I would like to have is option to have replays only with AUX2 sound (remote interviews, ambient sound).
On recording I can select which bus to record, but on replays it is always the sound from Camera or master.

The reason why I like this way of production is, if something happens to vMix I still can stream cameras, only without graphics for the time PC to reboot.
For redundancy sometimes I also stream from vMix as a second (backup stream). Hardware encoder is always on its own LTE/wired internet connection, PC is second internet connection, so if something happens to main stream, Restream picks second stream.
What you can see here (https://vimeo.com/468683045) is the result from this. Me and my wife are running this and third person is the live commentator).
My question to the group is:

* how to get AUX sound for the replays
* anything wrong in this workflow
* some tips?
video2go_production_blueprint-01.jpg (2,532kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Thanks for taking time to discuss.

dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 11:13:29 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Nice work!

Have you looked into vMix 24 Beta already? One of the requests for Instant Replay was the inclusion of audio other than the cameras. I have not tested it yet, but that seems possible now:

https://www.vmix.com/help24/GettingStarted1.html

"Master Audio Channels
Selects the audio channels to record from the Master audio mix. By default this is the standard stereo master audio but can also be an audio bus or a combination of two buses (for 4 channels total)"

Regarding the current options in vMix 23: Does your Scoreboard OCR camera have an audio input? You could bring the AUX2 into vMix that way, and use it as a second camera for replay, so you get the audio.

Basically, I like that you are working with redundancy and have a backup plan. On the other hand, you limit yourself to replaying only the PGM. That's why I would try - in the long run - to turn to a different setup, one that uses vMix for switching and replay, and the ATEM only for backup purposes. But that depends on the power of you vMix machine.
gre2gor  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 11:52:13 PM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I only have vMix 4K, hence only one camera replay.
My computer is i9-9900K, 32gb ram and Nvidia 2080.
I think it should be able to run 1080p50 with at least 2 cameras.