logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hidavid  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 5:47:45 AM(UTC)
hidavid

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello there,

Trying to wrap my head around this but maybe someone can help me out a bit.

We're producing a gig with 3 cameras plus there's two PPT Inputs in two languages, audio mixed with interpreters in two languages as well.

I'm thinking of either having a Main Mixer for the live video and then two sub vmix systems that do each an independent stream combining the PGM from the main mixer with the audio channel and the PPT in a PiP. Means i need three machines.

Is there a way of accomplishing this on one machine? I know that with audio its not a problem to stream with different busses but how about the PPT Inputs?

Any help appreciated, thanks!
tonypacheco1966  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:04:09 AM(UTC)
tonypacheco1966

Canada

We do these all the time. We have dedicated encoders for each language, plus backups. This means our lower thirds are also created in two languages, plus anything else like stills, videos etc. Everything is controlled using vMix Universal Title Controller. It’s a lot of pre-production, but you get identically produced shows that run on a single controller (and the controller itself can run on each encoder so you have redundancy built in to go along with the backups)
hidavid  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:16:26 AM(UTC)
hidavid

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tonypacheco1966 Go to Quoted Post
We do these all the time. We have dedicated encoders for each language, plus backups. This means our lower thirds are also created in two languages, plus anything else like stills, videos etc. Everything is controlled using vMix Universal Title Controller. It’s a lot of pre-production, but you get identically produced shows that run on a single controller (and the controller itself can run on each encoder so you have redundancy built in to go along with the backups)

Thanks for the hint tony, will read up on it and see if it's a fit for our use case!