logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jaytea  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2020 9:45:39 PM(UTC)
jaytea

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

First time poster - Apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this.
I'm trying to integrate vMix with a third party system.
The 3rd party system has a fairly basic API and I have managed to get a data feed from this system loaded as an external data source into vmix

(so far so good)

The problem is that the external system is sending me too much information effectively giving me

# - Text - Valid
------------------------
1 - Text Data 1 - False
2 - Text Data 2 - True
3 - Text Data 3 - False
4 - Text Data 4 - False
5 - Text Data 5 - False
6 - Text Data 6 - False

It would be fantastic if the other API would only give me the single Valid line but this doesn't seem to be how it works, and it could be ~6 months for them to re-work their API to fix.

Ultimately I want to use the Text field as a lower 3rd but within the text assign options I only seem to be able to assign either the selected line or a specific line - I can't seem to do anything that has any logic around it (select line where Valid=True)

I was wondering if I could put a script together within vmix that therefore selects the appropriate line within the data source where Valid = True. I'm not sure where to start with this, and if this could even be possible? Ultimately this data source changes quite quickly, so any updates to selected line would need to be sub 1s

I've had a search on the user documentation so far but can't seem to find a way to get a script to do this - any advice on where to start and any other reading matter on this?

Thank you

James.

elgarf  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2020 11:14:27 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Groups: Registered
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 129 post(s)
In theory, you can try use external service for applying jsonpath expression, like

https://jsonpath.curiousconcept.com/#

You only need to know GET/POST query, which web ui send to backend.

You also can test UTC with json data plugin, it should do exactly what you want.