logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BigApple  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 9:57:32 AM(UTC)
BigApple

Groups: Registered

I have 2 BMD capture cards and both are working fine. But during restart the capture cards order keep on changing and input 1-8 becomes input 9-16
and reverse. Does anyone know how to lock this so that they stay where they are assigned to ? Thank you
brin831  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:11:18 AM(UTC)
brin831

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i'll have to check but on a threadripper machine we have i'm pretty sure you can prioritize the pcie slots in bios ... so it will likely depend on your bios control capabilities for the MB you are using ... as the machine is just picking each slot at random on post.
thanks 1 user thanked brin831 for this useful post.
BigApple on 10/13/2020(UTC)
BigApple  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 11:14:27 AM(UTC)
BigApple

Originally Posted by: brin831 Go to Quoted Post
i'll have to check but on a threadripper machine we have i'm pretty sure you can prioritize the pcie slots in bios ... so it will likely depend on your bios control capabilities for the MB you are using ... as the machine is just picking each slot at random on post.

Thank you i will give this a try on my Designare 10G MB. I hope this will fix it.
BigApple  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 12:10:05 PM(UTC)
BigApple

no luck ..
i can only pick btw the gpu PCIE gfx slots. not the "normal" pcie slots.. bummer

brin831  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 10:13:41 PM(UTC)
brin831

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i seem to remember some discussion on this over at BMD's forums once upon a time ... perhaps they have a better thread on the topic ... worth a test to see if the same swapping of card order happens across other software as well if you have the ability to test that ... desktop video?, resolume, arkaos etc
BigApple  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 10:59:52 AM(UTC)
BigApple

i seem to remember some discussion on this over at BMD's forums once upon a time ... perhaps they have a better thread on the topic ... worth a test to see if the same swapping of card order happens across other software as well if you have the ability to test that ... desktop video?, resolume, arkaos etc

Thank you .. do you happened to have a pointer to that discussion. I cant find it on the BMD forum site.