logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
enigmothy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 5:49:16 AM(UTC)
enigmothy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am using vMix on a i7 3770k system (desktop) with a Quadro RTX 4000 GPU and 24 GB of RAM. I have 3 monitors connected, with the vMix interface on one monitor and I'm capturing the other two monitors as separate feeds for a picture-in-picture final product. I have been getting dropped frames in this scenario, with 2 recordings and 2 multicorder recordings. I'm also providing an external output to Zoom. My latest test was to turn off the external output, all multicorders, and to only do one recording. Even then, I am dropping frames, albeit much less (3 dropped frames within 2 minutes of recording). I'm in 720p60. This doesn't seem right with such a powerful GPU. Thanks for any help you can provide me.
Egriswold  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:21:58 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Make sure you're running vMix Desktop capture utility separate from the one built in vmix and if there's not much activity on the screen you are capturing there will be lots of dropped frames. As soon as there's action i.e. Zoom this will decrease. There's always dropped frames during a screen capture and if it's only a few with in several minutes that okay you'll not see it in the video well almost, remember if you are capturing something like a zoom source it's to be expected since zoom rendering is fair at best. I'm running a i9, 64G Ram, Nvidia Quadro 5000 with three displays and the main one is a 70" 4K monitor and I get dropped frames. It use to bug me but as long as my clients rave about the production I'm good.
enigmothy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:44:04 AM(UTC)
enigmothy

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was able to figure out what my problem was. Apparently, Google Chrome was running in the background, and I was able to turn it off in my system tray. Not sure why Chrome was causing this issue (maybe an extension?), but that solved my problem. I thought the vMix Desktop capture utility was NDI? I'm capturing local desktops.