logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pepsi(~)  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 5:56:10 AM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
The downside of MS Teams isthat it is completly controlled by MS.
Please check what teams client version is installed. And on what date. And with that information you needto create a Premier ticket at MS.

What i’ve seen a update with ndi has been enrolled with MS. I rum 1 client with an earlier version of teams. And 1 stable.

I’ve seen simulare issues on the stable release. Not on the target release.
I try to run any NDI source not on my vmix machine. But on 1 of my hex core machines.
Vince Beck  
#22 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 1:44:30 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Peter,

Were you running Teams on the same machine? Teams itself is a huge resource hog. I run it on an i7 / 2080 laptop and it usually hit 70% CPU just on its own with 8 callers.
Peter Berglund  
#23 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 7:20:52 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
@Pepsi,

I have Teams version 1.3.00.30866.

@Vince,

I run Teams on the same machine. I utilized some 75% total CPU (Xeon W-2145) during the broadcast with everything running, so even if its a high number I'm not sure if it is a performance issue. Actually everything worked flawless, even Teams for those where the video came thru, but as said, about half of them just kept showing the purple box with moving particles - until they were in program in full frame where the video kicked in.

Annoying. It really messed up the production which partly was an award ceremony... I had prepared Multiviews with a bunch of finalists participating in Teams, but seeing these purple Teams boxes in vMix was not nice...

mavik  
#24 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 8:03:12 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Sounds to me more like a load issue. If you tested stand alone and all went well and during the event the same setup goes crazy it's to me an indication that the load would have made the difference
plizon  
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2020 1:53:19 AM(UTC)
plizon

France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

i get the same behaviour in teams. Sometimes with the "active speaker source" which display Team particles, event if the speaker ndi source is visible at the same time in vmix.
Tried both with teams on the same computer or in another computer.

Did somenone managed to get answers from Microsoft ?
samirbridi  
#26 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2020 10:41:27 AM(UTC)
samirbridi

Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello people,

I have an event where the client would like to use Teams as a platform. The option, I like it, because I will need to place some participants, inside an art (3 people per screen). And when using Teams, the image quality is much superior to Zoom, where the work is much higher, as it will be necessary to pin people at the moment they will be placed live, and you will also need to zoom in on the capture, and with this, loses a little quality, unlike Teams that already comes in 720p (as far as I researched).

My problem today, is that the event will have 140 people in this room, and 50 who will make presentations (in groups of 3).

Today, I have an i7 9750 / GTX 1660Ti 6GB, and I don't know the load of Teams' NDI in relation to that number of participants that I will have to capture and separate into groups. In this case, I even thought of creating 3 to 5 ready-made groups, and gradually making changes, but the work will be very complex and may end up with even greater processing on the machine's GPU and CPU.

Does anyone happen to know what the approximate consumption of each Microsoft Teams NDI is? I think that because it is direct via their APP, network consumption is lower or is it like being on my local network?

Thanks!
samirbridi  
#27 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2020 10:44:50 AM(UTC)
samirbridi

Brazil

Taking advantage of the topic ... the audio issue, it is something that makes us all sad, as it is a single (mixed). I hope that Microsoft will be able to solve this problem as soon as possible, making each user have their own audio via NDI, and in addition, improve the way to activate and deactivate the microphone of some people.

In some videos that I've been studying on this subject, after creating the meeting, you need to access it again and in the options of this created meeting, take everyone's permission, leaving only "only me", that way, people will not be allowed to enable / disable your microphone, and this is up to the organizer.
bambster  
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 7:43:35 PM(UTC)
bambster

@Peter

had a similar issue just yesterday. I was running a show with 3 MS Teams presenters in vMix, one of them had a screenshare presentation prepared - so 4 NDI sources total. Having all 1-3 presenters in a side by side multiview source with no issues at all. I asked the presenter with the screenshare to activate it well in advance so that I could prepare the Picture-in-Picture. As soon as he activated it all other video feeds changed to the beautiful purple placeholer animation. As soon as he stopped the screenshare all sources popped back in. Even weirder: the other camera sources seemed to activate whenever one of the presenters was speaking (kinda like the 'active speaker' NDI source, even though it definitely was a unique presenter NDI source I pulled into vMix).

A day before I tested all this with the presenters with no issues, on live-day however this got my blood pressure up a good bit :D

Also: fingers crossed for MS to implement unique audio streams instead of the fullmix. This would eliminate the need for muting speakers manually in teams or relying on them to mute themselves - which is never a good idea ;)
BriceMunn  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 1:50:15 AM(UTC)
BriceMunn

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Peter Berglund Go to Quoted Post
...The really strange thing that happened was that I only got the purple Teams box with moving particles in it for about half of them, no video...
/Peter

Yes, I have experienced this too and spent a long time discussing the NDI feature with a very helpful MS assistant, who was very open about the fact that the NDI broadcast feature is so new they don't have any official documentation on it yet. As a result all he could do was confirm other people were experiencing similar bugs, and log my experience.

For me, it manifested in the form of the Teams app repeatedly crashing when NDI broadcast was enabled and a guest joined the meeting with their video turned on. After the crash, I'd reboot teams and NDI would only see the purple placeholder for all users, despite camera feeds appearing in the Teams app. Next time this happens I'll try mixing to a full screen feed to see if it prompts the video to restart as you suggest.

I have also had issues where no audio comes through from Teams to NDI, or the audio comes through with inconsistent sync issues that are almost impossible to correct on the fly.

I've made the sad decision that NDI and Teams simply can't be trusted for big jobs at the moment. I am using it, but I always have a backup Teams desktop capture ready to cut to.
TomCP  
#30 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 11:35:39 AM(UTC)
TomCP

Australia

Hi All,

Just coming along to my first teams heavy show.

I can't see a definitive answer online, do you need the paid for version of teams to utilise NDI?

Cheers!
Vince Beck  
#31 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 12:27:26 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Yes, you need a paid version in order to access the admin site. From there you need to set a policy to allow NDI,
greggibson  
#32 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 5:06:28 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
In our testing we found that Teams halved the resolution for each NDI source added. One source got 1080, two got 720, 4-8 got 360.
Pepsi(~)  
#33 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 5:11:31 PM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Netherlands

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
That is not the expirience I have.
A content share is 1080
A camera feed in europe is max 720 based on the source quakiy