logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Solarsonic  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 8:53:36 AM(UTC)
Solarsonic

Groups: Registered
United States

I've been trying to get vMix working on my system to use as a broadcast point to a singular Twitch channel, with users calling in via OBS SRT.

OBS set to dial into my system on a particular port(s), vMix set to listen on said port(s), so I can push each caller live as I see fit. With a previous network setup which I cannot revert to, this alone was enough to accomplish exactly what I want. Now, with an upgraded internet package, came a new all-in-one cable box/modem/wifi AP to which I am connected via CAT6 ethernet, and yet with the same ports forwarded and even DMZ'ing my system and/or whole modem, I'm unable to have an instance of OBS call in to vMix via SRT. Any advice would be thoroughly appreciated, and any additional information I can provide to help troubleshoot my particular issue I would be more than happy to provide.
Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 11:04:47 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Do rendevous connections work within the network? Does the Caller Listener connection work within the network? (Use the NAT address instead of the public IP)
Does e.g. a connection with the Larix Broadcast APP (IOS/ANDROID) work
Otherwise Here is a short description about SRT.

Solarsonic  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 1:08:05 AM(UTC)
Solarsonic

United States

Originally Posted by: Peter1000 Go to Quoted Post
Do rendevous connections work within the network? Does the Caller Listener connection work within the network? (Use the NAT address instead of the public IP)
Does e.g. a connection with the Larix Broadcast APP (IOS/ANDROID) work
Otherwise Here is a short description about SRT.

I'll have to try the local IP later when I get home, but all previous attempts have been made with the public IP so far. I've had issues with rendezvous calls regardless of configuration, but am unsure of exactly why. Hadn't thought to check if my issue also exists inside my own network yet though, never hurts to sanity check the basics.