logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CatrinJ  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 6:25:47 PM(UTC)
CatrinJ

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi,
I am looking for some advice on how to produce a good quality broadcast with the use of vMix call.

Scenario: I have two callers in the same country but in different locations. I would like to set up a virtual set to display them both on the screen and fade in and out of each caller during the broadcast.

I have done a few tests in vMix to understand the platform however, I am having some difficulties with stream connection and audio.
I am using an external platform to push the broadcast out - Kaltura. However, when I input the primary URL and stream name into vMix I am getting an error message? - 'Unable to connect to streaming server. Check the internet connection or Stream URL and try again.'
- has anyone encountered this and understand what the issue is?

Also, when I invited the callers into the broadcast through vMix call they could not hear the audio from the main stream- this also occurred when I played a video through the main streaming window? - Can anyone offer guidance on how to ensure that the two callers can hear each other and to make sure that the broadcast audio is working?

Thank you in advance.

Catrin
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 9:23:06 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CatrinJ Go to Quoted Post

Also, when I invited the callers into the broadcast through vMix call they could not hear the audio from the main stream- this also occurred when I played a video through the main streaming window? - Can anyone offer guidance on how to ensure that the two callers can hear each other and to make sure that the broadcast audio is working?

Right click on the vMix Call inputs. There you can set the Audio Source for the callers. Set it to Master when you want them to hear your main stream. Think about Audio Busses if you want them to talk to each other, even when they are not live.
jvl  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 7:21:52 PM(UTC)
jvl

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hi.
maybe this helps:

thanks 1 user thanked jvl for this useful post.
bluesgeek on 3/26/2023(UTC)