logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
millst  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 6:48:54 AM(UTC)
millst

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
version 23.0.0.62

In a studio where vmix runs 24 x 7.
We have had vmix in place for 3 years.
After upgrading to 62, we have seen that every few days, the main output over NDI just stops. It does not appear as a source to any other NDI devices.
I can see all the VMIx inputs just not the main output.
The only way to get it back is to restart VMix.

We are using this to send to a live TV broadcast, so its pretty bad when it happens as it essentially goes off air while we restart VMix and we lose the recording during that time as well.

We are pulling 3 outputs from VMix NDI.

• Studio Monitor (on a mac)
  • On the Air CG (on a mac)
  • NDI feed to another PC (note it requests audio only)

When it happens, we lose the NDI feed to all three devices even though VMIX is running fine and VMix Output 1 is no longer visible on any other devices when you do an NDI scan.
migrif  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 4:33:27 PM(UTC)
migrif

New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I had a similar issue this morning with a vmix (23.0.0.62) instance. Before the vMix NDI output stopped working I was having network issues so was renewing & releasing addresses. Even locally on the machine I couldn't view using Studio monitor. I only had an ad break to solve it, so I just restarted vMix completely.

I'll try replicating the issue over the next week, then restarting "vMixNDIHelper.exe".
nviera777  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 6:05:19 AM(UTC)
nviera777

United States

Anyone get any further with this issue?

I just ran into this problem the last day or 2... One other thing I noticed when the NDI dissapeared I also lost control with my stream deck. The stream deck is showing connected and still outputs proper button images from VMix (including thumbnail previews) but the live previews on buttons are frozen as well.

The only thing that has changed since this started happening was adding a USB 3.0 powered hub that I use to connect keyboard, mouse and stream deck. And since the 2 times this has happened the stream deck also stopped working with Vmix (I have confirmed the stream deck is still responsive for other functions outside of vmix).

Any ideas would be great?? I tried looking for the vMixNDIhelper.exe but could not find it, only saw vMixNDIconfigure.exe??

Does anyone know what happens when you restart the vmix service?
rjwerth  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 5:11:04 AM(UTC)
rjwerth

United States

I had this issue as well. Ended up doing a full Windows reinstall to fix it. I'm guessing there is a much more efficient way of fixing the problem, but.....

I wonder if it is at all Streamdeck related for some crazy reason....I have one that occasionally wouldn't listen to Vmix.