logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KevinSimpson  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 12:33:42 PM(UTC)
KevinSimpson

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

I'm new to vMix. I just recently paid for and downloaded a licensed copy of vMix software. I managed to stream to to uStream (now IBM) via RTMP with no issues. But when I tried to stream to Facebook I encountered this problem. I was able to log into my account, but I couldn't see all the pages I manage. It saw my page and a group page, but not my church page. Now I'm a long time user of Wirecast and just to make sure I wasn't imagining things, I logged into the software and logged into Facebook and saw all the pages I managed including the church page. So my question is how do I get vMix to recognize all the pages I manage in Facebook?

Now I did notice that vMix list Facebook as 'Facebook' and Wirecast lists it as 'Facebook Live' and 'Facebook Live with User Code'. Does this matter? Also, as a last resort, I tried to stream to Facebook using its custom RTMP, but was unsuccessful.

Does anyone know why I don't see all the pages I manage in Facebook using vMix?

kevinsimpson2@me.com
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 11:46:26 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

Please see below:

https://www.vmix.com/kno...cebook-security-settings

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
KevinSimpson on 9/30/2020(UTC)
philc  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2023 7:35:38 AM(UTC)
philc

United States

We've been using Facebook Live for many years. This morning we could not connect to the same Facebook page that we have been using. The list shows mostly outdated pages. We tried the suggestion above (removing vmix from Business Integrations and reauthenticate) but it had the same result. We use this every Sunday morning to stream church services. What should we attempt next?
TamaraChaos  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2023 2:06:46 AM(UTC)
TamaraChaos

United States

Originally Posted by: philc Go to Quoted Post
We've been using Facebook Live for many years. This morning we could not connect to the same Facebook page that we have been using. The list shows mostly outdated pages. We tried the suggestion above (removing vmix from Business Integrations and reauthenticate) but it had the same result. We use this every Sunday morning to stream church services. What should we attempt next?

I found a solution. As for me, the problem was in the drop down lists of Facebook pages to stream to, the page I wanted to stream to was no longer listed. So, the solution is, go to the Facebook page, and now, because of the update, on the right hand side towards the top, is a list of Facebook profiles that pertain to me. I needed to click the profile of the page I wanted to stream to. Wala! There was the list I wanted.
cdaelim  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2023 6:53:17 AM(UTC)
cdaelim

United States

Hey where did you select it? Were you on Vmix? or facebook? where you say " I needed to click the profile of the page I wanted to stream to" Thanks for the help.
TamaraChaos  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2023 10:53:04 PM(UTC)
TamaraChaos

United States

Originally Posted by: cdaelim Go to Quoted Post
Hey where did you select it? Were you on Vmix? or facebook? where you say " I needed to click the profile of the page I wanted to stream to" Thanks for the help.

You know how Vmix says to connect to your Facebook page via the web? Before doing that, go to the page you want to stream to, and on the right hand side it says, "Manage Pages and Profiles. When I switched to the page I wanted to stream to, I believe it gave vmix a sense that I did in fact own the page, and then the list of pages I wanted to stream to came up in vmix.