logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bscarbrough1903  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 5:40:19 AM(UTC)
bscarbrough1903

Groups: Registered
United States

This is probably a feature request, but I am deploying vMIX HD 23.x for our church using a PTZ Optics 20x NDI camera and integrating our Allen & Heath mixer via a Shure MVi Digital Audio Interface. I am using a Alienware M15 R3 laptop. I am trying to use all IP controls to keep this simple.

While I can control camera movement and store locations using the PTZ Optics software app, I would like to be able to do this from within vMix 23.x.

It would be nice if we could just add the PTZ controls to vMix HD without upgrading to the 4K version.

Has anyone ever asked for this feature?

Thanks.

Brian
ralston  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 11:43:24 PM(UTC)
ralston

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am also looking for control of the JVC KY PZ100BE if anyone has managed to do this via IP within Vmix. I would like to grab the location thumb nails within Vmix for later recall. Does anyone know if you can grab stills if the input is SDI rather than say NDI / IP ?
ask  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:12:01 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ralston Go to Quoted Post
I am also looking for control of the JVC KY PZ100BE if anyone has managed to do this via IP within Vmix. I would like to grab the location thumb nails within Vmix for later recall. Does anyone know if you can grab stills if the input is SDI rather than say NDI / IP ?

The manual does not suggest that it supports control via ethernet. http://pro.jvc.com/pro/a...EN_3rd-3_161130_Sec.pdf.

vMix does not currently support this camera for PTZ control afaik. You also need a 4K or Pro license for vMix PTZ control.
ralston  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:47:23 PM(UTC)
ralston

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Ask. The PTZ camera is controlled via Ethernet and via the chrome interface. It has SDI out as well but can stream RTMP ( not NDI) I have control of the unit via my Skaarhoj PTZ controller but would also like to have it available via my vMix. Just wondering if this was possible now or in the near future via vMix. Cheers