logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
quicksilver8907  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 6:42:25 PM(UTC)
quicksilver8907

Groups: Registered

So I’m new to the world of NDI and Dante.

I had a show last week that we were trying to bring in some vmixcalls and I had to NDI between my two machines as well as run Dante to the sound console.

My setup was as follows
Internet into a gigabit switch feeding many computers including mine and then one line into of the NICs on our Vmix machine (it has two network ports). Then I ran a line from each of the machines out of the other network port to a switch dedicated to Dante.

We did have an issue with some audio crackling and popping but we weren’t able to spend much time troubleshooting it because they decided to cut the Vmix machines right before the show.

So because I needed to do some NDI feeds between the two machines I was concerned that I would be saturating the bandwidth by doing that. Is there something specifically I should do to separate the NDI from the Dante or the internet? In my research I haven’t really found any ways to tell the NDI what nic to operate on. I also noticed some issues with all of my callers going red at some points in the call
Manager. Our internet was like 500Mb down and 500 up so it should have been solid. Would love to hear what some best practices may be for this type of setup in the future. I’m starting to do Dante certification as well. I just learned about NewTek NDI certification but it is way too expensive. If anyone knows any other NDI training I would love to learn. Thanks for the help in this community.