logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FID_Productions  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:55:25 PM(UTC)
FID_Productions

Groups: Registered
United States

I picked up a prebuilt PowerSpec in hopes that the Ryzen 5 2400g and a 1660S was would give me enough juice to start live streaming events. I am running the trial of vMix and borrowing BirdDog Minis to do some testing. I was messing around a week ago and had my cameras up and was trying to load test the recorder and my stream out to Vimeo with decent results. Today I come back to it and vMix keeps crashing. Usually around creating an NDI input or when I unplug a camera rom the BD and the feed drops. I have done fresh installs of vMix and NDI 4.5 and I went through and deleted all the vMix files I could find that were not removed by the uninstall.
I thought it was better but then it just crashed again. I do not see any vMix events after it crashes under Applications in Event Viewer. There is still vMixService running in task manager after it crashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryzen 5 2400G
16gb 2660mhz
Tuf Gaming 1660 super
WD Blue m.2 500GB boot.
2x250GB SSDs RAID0
ASRock A320M-HDV MoBo

The RAID0 is for multicorder, is that dumb? I was just trying to get the fastest write to a different drive than my program record.
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 2:25:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

This is due to a bug in the BirdDog firmware where it will send partial frames in some situations.
They have a firmware update on their web site that is reported to solve the problem.

Regards,

Martin
vMix