logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greggibson  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 2:09:48 AM(UTC)
greggibson

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I wish there was a way in Shortcuts to tell if a shortcut is assigned to multiple buttons. I know sometimes it's desirable to assign or combine shortcuts to multiple buttons but this morning I was forced to make a few last minute program format changes to accommodate a last minute VIP participant.

I accidentally assigned a vMixCaller input to a key that also had an old shortcut assigned that turned off Master audio. So when I cut to that caller I lost Master Audio for a minute or so until it was discovered.

Yes, this is totally my mistake and yes, I know the rule is TEST, TEST, TEST. When I tested I saw the Caller cut correctly but didn't notice the audio change because I wasn't expecting an audio change with that shortcut.

Sometimes, unfortunately, you are required to make last minute changes so it would be helpful if there was some warning or notice when you assign a shortcut to a key that would tell you "XXX Shortcut Already Assigned to this Key" or "Key XYZ is already in use". Then give you the option to change to another key, delete the old shortcut or simply combine the new shortcut with the previously assigned one if that's what you desire.

greg
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 2:59:43 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)

Quote:
I wish there was a way in Shortcuts to tell if a shortcut is assigned to multiple buttons

When you are creating a shortcut and it's assigned to an already used key the the line in the list will turn red
If the selection is still on that key it might not be obvious but click on another line to be able to check that
greggibson  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 3:03:22 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

It is really difficult to differentiate those colors in the small shortcut window. I have often thought some lines were red but hard to tell! :-)

Increasing the size of the shortcut window is a feature request I made a while back. This really needs to be done.

Maybe if the lines were highlighted they would stand out more?

Thank you for clarifying.

greg
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 3:34:06 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:

It is really difficult to differentiate those colors in the small shortcut window. I have often thought some lines were red but hard to tell! :-)

I don't, how small is your screen ?

Quote:
Increasing the size of the shortcut window is a feature request I made a while back. This really needs to be done.

Yes handy for those windows that use longer lines like scripting etc but still would not increase the font size

Quote:
Maybe if the lines were highlighted they would stand out more?

They are , in red ( but in bold also might help
I you mean like while the line is selected imagine you have a whole bunch of those imo that would be really distracting and harder for the other ones to be read.
greggibson  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 4:07:45 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

I use a 28" 4K monitor and the Shortcuts/Settings window is less than 20% of the screen on that monitor and there is no way to resize it. I also make my shortcuts specific to the preset, so that makes the shortcuts list bold throughout. That may be inhibiting some of the readability with regard to the difference in color.

It doesn't matter to me how it gets improved. I just know it needs to be improved. A larger window for Shortcuts/Settings would be a great first step.

Thanks Guy!

greg