logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coachmanny  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 4:22:02 AM(UTC)
coachmanny

Groups: Registered
United States

With 4 inputs there is not really much you can do.

What are some creative ways that vMix Basic could be worth it?

I'm trying to get a good handle on it before upgrading but looking for creative ways to use the vMix Basic otherwise, it's just practice.

I teach a social media class and want people to start using OBS but if there are more creative ways to use vMix basic with ONLY 4 inputs... how best can that be used? I would rather them use vMix.

But, no one in our class wants to spend $350.

They rather learn OBS which does offer quite a bit to help the learning curve.

doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 5:21:11 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: coachmanny Go to Quoted Post

I'm trying to get a good handle on it before upgrading but looking for creative ways to use the vMix Basic otherwise, it's just practice.

I teach a social media class and want people to start using OBS but if there are more creative ways to use vMix basic with ONLY 4 inputs... how best can that be used? I would rather them use vMix.

There is a lot you can do with 4 inputs:

2 cameras, a title , an intro video (replaced during the show for closing video ) you can reedit a title say change color and reload it, learning to use datasources properly etc ( cooking show , a presentation, covering a horse jumping show you name it
one less cam could be replaced with a NDI input and receive whataever another computer ( or same) can send an NDi feed ( Screencapture for example, extra scoring data,....)

the risk of learning with too many inputs is the risk of inefficiency ! it's not about having many but how you use them
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
coachmanny on 9/9/2020(UTC)
coachmanny  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 5:35:10 AM(UTC)
coachmanny

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: coachmanny Go to Quoted Post

There is a lot you can do with 4 inputs:

2 cameras, a title , an intro video (replaced during the show for closing video ) you can reedit a title say change color and reload it, learning to use datasources properly etc ( cooking show , a presentation, covering a horse jumping show you name it
one less cam could be replaced with a NDI input and receive whataever another computer ( or same) can send an NDi feed ( Screencapture for example, extra scoring data,....)

the risk of learning with too many inputs is the risk of inefficiency ! it's not about having many but how you use them

This helps!!

Thank you!
nikosman88  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 8:02:03 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
4 inputs for a serious production are not ok. I would prefer in future versions a mid fullhd version of vmix cost about 150$ that will have all the features of hd version but for example with 20 inputs. Or for example 3 cameras,1 ndi input and 15 video/list/titles/layers etc inputs.1000 inputs are too much for many users and the price difference 60$ with 4 inputs which 4 inputs are too little and 350$ with 1000 inputs (for the people who doesnot need too much) is too big. Extremelly big