logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lenguafina  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 2:32:41 AM(UTC)
Lenguafina

Groups: Registered
Spain

Hi everyone.

I've a problem while I'm producing esports events on vMix. After 1h of Streaming, my vMix starts to lag a little bit, audio have small cuts and so the image. I use multiples computers for my streamings and they are pretty good (i7-9700, NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM).

Its true that I've a lot of signals on my vMix. 4 NDI inputs, 10 audio songs, like 20 Multiviews and with graphisms... I could have 60 inputs on my vMix, but CPU is working on 40% and GPU on 60% as much.

I've configured vMix in high preformance and all my drivers are up to date. I figured out that the only way to fix that issue is restarting the computer. When I restart the computer everything works fine. Then the next hour starts to lag again.

I'm asking this to you guys 'cause I can't find the solution of this problem and have tryed to many things already. My theory is that vMix or windows save some type of file while I'm streaming and that is why over time it starts to fail.

Has it happened to any of you? Do you have any idea what it could be?
Thanks!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 4:06:44 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
From what you describe it sounds like a memory leak to me. Can you check in the task manager if there are some constant growth visible.
Additionally it might be a hard drive issue.
While I'm writing I think the best option is to deactivate the Antivirus. With AV software it often is a problem with live streams. Usually AV software checks files. They have a given size. A stream is constantly growing and never ends. It could cause some buffer overflows in the AV software that could causes a stall in vmix, as a result.
SerVag  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:36:18 PM(UTC)
SerVag

Man
Armenia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, I have the same problem, but after 2 hours of streaming. After 2 hours of streaming getting a lot of renderdrops and GPU overload message, and high render time. After restart vMix software - everything’s getting normal. This is the status bar vMix

I don’t know what to do:(

About PC: i7 9700, 32 Gb Ram, NV 1660ti, vMix .60
Lenguafina  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 7:41:13 PM(UTC)
Lenguafina

Spain

Thank you for your replies.

Mavik, I tryed also deactivate Antivirus and still happening, I though the same that AV software could do that.

SerVag, If your computer overloads after 2h of Streaming, I still believe that windows or vMix save some kind of information and that is why over time it starts to fail.

Maybe someone of vMix could help us it would be great, its the only problem that I have with vMix now and I don't know what to do.

Cheers.
grantcoll  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 7:54:46 PM(UTC)
grantcoll

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have had this on a couple of occasions. Quite frustrating, as I only have a single input, a few videos and some static images. Most of the time it is ok now, but I am not sure what has fixed it at the last few events. But when setting up, I am doing everything I can to get vMix main CPU down below 20%. Any higher and I am concerned. Things I have found and done are:
uninstalling anything I can find that runs and isn't needed. Eg any autoupdates, (Windows, Windows Store, AV, Drivers, onedrive, games etc etc
Set Power min and max to 100%
Disable things like Microsoft Compatability Telemetry, Appraiser
SSD turn off defrag schedule and disable indexing
Set AV to manual and enter exceptions for any folders that vmix uses

I am still not sure if I have found the culprit, but I feel I am closer.

When checking, turn on your computer and leave it sitting doing nothing. After an hour or two, it should still be sitting at below 1%.

Note: even though your status shows GPU overloaded, it could be caused by CPU not keeping up. 36% GPU isn't too bad, but 39% vmixCPU is too high. So I would be looking at the CPU rather than the GPU.
SerVag  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 8:55:55 AM(UTC)
SerVag

Man
Armenia

Originally Posted by: grantcoll Go to Quoted Post
I have had this on a couple of occasions. Quite frustrating, as I only have a single input, a few videos and some static images. Most of the time it is ok now, but I am not sure what has fixed it at the last few events. But when setting up, I am doing everything I can to get vMix main CPU down below 20%. Any higher and I am concerned. Things I have found and done are:
uninstalling anything I can find that runs and isn't needed. Eg any autoupdates, (Windows, Windows Store, AV, Drivers, onedrive, games etc etc
Set Power min and max to 100%
Disable things like Microsoft Compatability Telemetry, Appraiser
SSD turn off defrag schedule and disable indexing
Set AV to manual and enter exceptions for any folders that vmix uses

I am still not sure if I have found the culprit, but I feel I am closer.

When checking, turn on your computer and leave it sitting doing nothing. After an hour or two, it should still be sitting at below 1%.

Note: even though your status shows GPU overloaded, it could be caused by CPU not keeping up. 36% GPU isn't too bad, but 39% vmixCPU is too high. So I would be looking at the CPU rather than the GPU.

Can you explain what you mean “ even though your status shows GPU overloaded, it could be caused by CPU not keeping up. ” ? How it depends GPU Overload and CPU?. Thanks!
grantcoll  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 9:29:37 AM(UTC)
grantcoll

I can't explain technically, just that if your CPU is overloaded, it could make vmix think the GPU is overloaded because everything matters. My experience is that GPU is more fixed, as it gets usage allocated by video and camera inputs being created even though they aren't used. Also, there are only two hardware encoders. So the GPU doesn't change much, but CPU can move up and down a lot.

If you look at vmix CPU and vmix total CPU, then compare them with taskmanager CPU, you will also see a difference. The taskmanager CPU is always higher. Also, look at the GPU and disk usage in taskmanager as well when trying to find a problem.
thanks 1 user thanked grantcoll for this useful post.
SerVag on 9/18/2020(UTC)
SerVag  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 6:03:47 AM(UTC)
SerVag

Man
Armenia

Thanks everyone! Special thanks for Martin from vMix.
He advised me to turn off all VST3 plugins which I used in project. After that everything getting fine !

grantcoll  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 6:07:10 AM(UTC)
grantcoll

Hi SerVag, can you explain a bit more. I have heard of the term VST3, but not sure what it is, or where it is in vMix.