logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul Fuhrmann  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 6:06:26 PM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello i'am digging my self in creating Tickers with vmix. And as a classic test subject iam trying a stock market ticker.

As i investing where to get free "live Data" from the indices i first tried rss feeds but only fund semi intresting news then live stock quotes.

But i found the following link as a data source:

https://www.ariva.de/dax-30 there you need to select "table 1" or "table 0"

If i try this with the excel/csv datasurce via the live url vMix freezes and crashes.

As an Workaround i created an excelsheet and imported the link there, wich works fine. I also can create an extra collum which sums up all data fields so it is more easy to assign to a ticker.
I also set the excel data source (it is an querry not an connection) to poll every minute (wich is the lowest vallue) and this works fine in excel. To be said the data has an delay of 15 minutes from the source timestamp but this is ok.

Now iam face the behaviour that if i set the datasource in vMix to the file excel, it only reads it once and then works wich these cahed data. IS the vMix excel interpreter able to run full excel files with scripts or can it only read the basic table functions?

It seems thaht i have to store that excel file periodicaly to get vMix to get actual Data.

What is the the best practice for this sceanario? Are there other ways?

Best regards Paul

xemles  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 10:57:29 PM(UTC)
xemles

France, Metropolitan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello,
From what I've learned, vMix will always keep URLs in cache, and on the URL you just sent, what are you looking for exactly?

I don't see anything in that page that would match something that is either Excel or CSV...

I found an RSS feed (https://www.ariva.de/dax-index/news/rss) but I doubt that's what you're looking for...
Paul Fuhrmann  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 11:59:26 PM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
What i wanted to create is somthing like CNN with a thin line of StockMarket quotes and trends running through the bottom.

I thought this is a good example of getting in touch with data from Websites. I have more in mind Custom Tables like event schedules, or tournament results also via a custom event website. But Stockmarket is classic and there a lot of stock infos i thought but most is not usable be default.

I first thought on RSS feeds, but they only show wich company is investing in y, and who is lawsuit with x and so on.
Also RSS imported in in VMix have nasty headers wich need to be edited. Which is not ideal, but iam still experimenting.

I found this Link i posten first wich is an live (15min Delay) CSV File.
But You have select Table 1 as Datasource. There is also Table 0 as an Source but its useless.
This data is importable as an live Datasource in Excel and gets updated every Minute in Excel nativly (if you set auto pull to each minute). So i see changing live values in Excel.
I then tried to import this link in vMix nativly. vMix finds an additional Data source in this link ,i assume it is the header of the link, wich contains nothing usefull.
If you try to select the table1 from this link vMix freezes. And i dont know why. But i also cant see the pushrate of the csv source. So native in vMix dont work.

I then tried to bring in the excelfile to vMix wich works without crashes. But the numbers are not changing. So think that vMix can only access the core data from xlsx file but is not running additional features like vba scripts and makros. It is indeed not capable of running the auto pull from internet. What i figured out is that if i have the file running in vmix and also in excel and then hit the store button in excel, vmix gets new data. My conlusion vMix is only reading the file but not „running“ it.

So in the documentation of vmix is not fully clear how vmix is interpreting this files and what will work and what not. Just to know the limitations.

So my aim in this post is to figure out maximum features of excel in vmix, and also why vMix crashes with the weblink.

If anyone have an testet online csv (content is not relevant) which not crashes vmix, i would appreciate to share.

Its just a discussion if what is possible. If know this i can tell a web designer how to programm a website suitable as an live Datasource.

Greetings Paul

doggy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 12:04:25 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Any datasource file/source used has to be saved first before vMix can notice a change.

say in the case of an excel file , until hitting the save button after change vMix will stil retain the old data