logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul Fuhrmann  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 6:06:26 PM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello i'am digging my self in creating Tickers with vmix. And as a classic test subject iam trying a stock market ticker.

As i investing where to get free "live Data" from the indices i first tried rss feeds but only fund semi intresting news then live stock quotes.

But i found the following link as a data source:

https://www.ariva.de/dax-30 there you need to select "table 1" or "table 0"

If i try this with the excel/csv datasurce via the live url vMix freezes and crashes.

As an Workaround i created an excelsheet and imported the link there, wich works fine. I also can create an extra collum which sums up all data fields so it is more easy to assign to a ticker.
I also set the excel data source (it is an querry not an connection) to poll every minute (wich is the lowest vallue) and this works fine in excel. To be said the data has an delay of 15 minutes from the source timestamp but this is ok.

Now iam face the behaviour that if i set the datasource in vMix to the file excel, it only reads it once and then works wich these cahed data. IS the vMix excel interpreter able to run full excel files with scripts or can it only read the basic table functions?

It seems thaht i have to store that excel file periodicaly to get vMix to get actual Data.

What is the the best practice for this sceanario? Are there other ways?

Best regards Paul